Chapter 7: Flick, Spark, Burn

Warning: This chapter contains a sexual intercourse. Just an alert.

**********

Chapter 7
Noah Gerald Sky
Flick, Spark, Burn

Shooting up on my bed, inching away from the bed, I looked at it with shock. There were tubes of ice on my bed, and it was splashed on me by... Gloss. I saw red. I was trying to be calm, because I somehow knew I deserved this, because I knew I did something wrong too. So now, we're even. But he was mocking me, pushing me to my limits. I launched myself on him out of madness. I didn't want to hurt him again, but he was making me. When our body collided, I let out a gasp because it knocked the air out of me. But as I gazed down on his green eyes, it felt like my chest was once again, became empty. I couldn't breathe. I just stared at him. I could feel his body shaking as he gazed back at me. For a moment, nobody moved, as if we're glued to each other, as if we're lifeless. He licked his lips nervously, and now that I noticed it's pinkish and full, too glossy. I nearly chuckled at the thought but his lips are to die for.

It all broke when Genny called us. We jumped out of each other, still breathless. He said something to me, more like rambled, and then got out of my room. The tube ices were forgotten, as if it didn't happen at all. My heart was beating so fast, pounding hard against my chest. I felt hot. So I took a shower. A cold one.

School is boring. It's always like that. Kevin has been spacing out a lot. But no other points it out. We just stay quiet.

When I was walking, I saw Kevin talking to... Gloss. And I felt angry all of a sudden. Why was he talking to that annoying junior; annoying step-brother? The blood in my flesh was boiling like a lava inside the volcano, ready to erupt. They were talking. And they were smiling at each other. And they were touching! Kevin was uncomfortable, but so was Gloss. But they managed to get out of that zoned and shared a smile before they parted.

I'm pissed. Remembering last night and the earlier events is causing me to get pissed even more. The jocks notice my attitude for today, but choose to ignore it. The chair across from me is empty. It's Kevin's seat. Now where the hell is he? He's supposed to be having lunch with us! I notice Collins is looking for something, more like someone, his eyes flickering to the cafeteria then to Kevin's empty seat. I guess he's wondering where Kevin is, too.

Fortunately, Kevin appears at the door. But he came out of junior's hallway. Scrunching my nose up in confusion, figuring why he used that hallway (he's a senior!), Gloss opens the door and both him and Kevin high-five. They both chuckle and my attitude goes wrong now. Since when are they buddy-buddy to each other? Collins sees them and glares at Gloss. But that makes me even angrier. How dare he shot Gloss a glare made of daggers? Kevin and Gloss just keep laughing at each other and as they near us, they say see ya later with each other.

"Good luck, KK!" Gloss cheers, grinning from ear to ear at Kevin. KK? What the actual fuck? Seriously. Kevin. He gave his nickname to Gloss? I thought he didn't want that nickname!

"God, you're such an asshole!" Kevin yells through laughs. They are grinning from each other. Gloss smiles, a rare smile that seems to radiate the surroundings around him, at Kevin. Why is he smiling at Kevin? He doesn't smile at me like that! In fact, he only frowns when he sees me. As always, Gloss' green eyes land on my blue ones and his smile falters, turning into a frown. But then he smiles again as he shifts his gaze towards Kevin. I hate Kevin all of a sudden.

"What's with that?" Collins says as soon as Kevin takes a seat across from me. Collins voice is full of irritation. He has a frown expression on his face as he looks at Kevin, waiting for his answer. I lean in, interested. I want to know what's with them and they are both being buddy-buddy with each other.