Chapter 44

"Im really thinking about taking this hair thing seriously, i mean i might as well." I shrugged as i just got done putting a braid in Melani's hair.

"You should your really dope at it and plus you've been doing your own hair since i've met you." Melani said agreeing with me.

"Right, it'll be nice getting paid for it." I said as i began on the next braid.

"Quincy know your doing my hair he'd probably kill me and you both if he knew you was up and not resting." Melani said chuckling a bit to herself.

But what she said was true Quincy be acting like im handicap ever since i had Alayna but he can't stop me from doing anything. Plus it's not like im not at home. Im literally standing in my livingroom braiding Melani's hair and watching Alayna all at the same time. But its pretty easy because all Alayna likes to do is sleep.

"Girl im not worried about him i need to be up and moving anyway im not worried about him." I said waving off her comment.

"So thanksgiving coming up." Melani stated and i sighed as i finished the braid grabbing some more hair.

"I was just talking to Quincy about that not to long ago, we said we can do it here because im not trying to bring Alayna out the house yet." I said peeping over in her bascinet and noticed she was still sleep.

"Yeah that'll be good anyways cause I won't have to clean up afterwards." Lani said as she took out her phone to text somebody i assume.

"Girl, them grown ass people bet not mess up my damn house." I said like i was daring somebody to try me.

Lani was about to say something but my phone started ringing in my back pocket and i took it out and held it against my ear and my shoulder as I continued to braid Melani's hair.

"Wassup ma." a familiar voice spoke causing me to smile.

"Woahh." I said like he was one of my homeboys or sum. I heard suck his teeth once i the word left my mouth. He hated the fact that i be speaking to him like he one of da bros or sum. But i just do it to irritate him though.

"Stop that dumb ass shit." He demanded.

"Your no fun but what do you want from me ?" I asked trying to see why he called.

"Damn I cant call to talk to my lady." He said and i could tell he was smirking. I just sucked my teeth knowing thats not why he called.

"But for real what my baby doing ?" He asked getting ta the reason why he called in the first place.

"She sleep like always." I said as i just got done with Lani last braid. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a pot and put some water in it and put it on the stove so it can boil.

"You finna cook ?" Quincy asked im guessing since he heard when i grabbed the pot.

"No, im about to dip Melani's hair i just got done braiding it." I told him as i walked back into the livingroom seeing that Alayna was now woke and sitting in Melani's lap.

"What i told you bout that shit, youn need to be up go getcho ass ina bed somewhere." He snapped and sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Quincy stop acting like I can't do shi- nun im not handicapped." I said catching myself before i slipped up and said a curse word.

"My baby must've woke up." Quincy said and scrunched my eyebrows together trying to figure out how he figured.

"How you figured ?"

"Cause you ain't curse, we only curse around her when she sleep." He said and i nodded my head.

"Well yeah she just woke up." I informed and he didn't say anything i heard the two beeps on the phone amd pulled it away from my ear and seen he was trying to face time me. I answered and i smiled in the camera causing him to suck his teeth.