17

thankfully, the ride in the car was short, namjoon wasn't sure if he could stand another long ride in the packed mini-van.

as they got out of the van, one by one, hyuna led them into the place where they'd be eating. it had a lot of selection so everyone could enjoy the food.

"can we have a table for nine please?" sunmi asked the waiter. the waiter nodded and they all immediately got seated.

namjoon sat down between yoongi and hoseok. beside hoseok was kihyun. opposite kihyun was sunmi who was sitting next to hyuna and hyojong. taeil was next to hyojong and hakyeon was in at the head of the table, between taeil and yoongi.

namjoon chatted happily with hyojong opposite him, asking how his music was going and what he wanted to do in the future, concept wise.

taeil and hakyeon talked with yoongi about his new comeback and what the theme was going to be. since yoongi trusted the two, he told them about how it was, for once, going to be a fresh concept, something he'd never done before and was hoping for good results on. the two non idols reassured him that it'd go great.

sunmi and hyuna chatted with kihyun about follow, their newest comeback. he talked about the start where wonho comes on. the preparations for that album were really hard because of all the rapping and dancing.

hoseok played on his phone, knowing that he'd had to much social interaction today.

namjoon broke away from his conversation with hyojong, and turned to yoongi who was posting on twitter, "hey hyung?"

"yeah namjoon?" the elder put his phone down and turned so he was facing the taller.

"if taeil and hakyeon aren't idols, how'd you end up being friends with them?" this was a question that had been on the bodyguard's mind for a while but he didn't know what the right time was to ask.

yoongi smiled, probably remembering a memory the three shared, "taeil and hakyeon were trainee's at our company but they left just before they were going to debut,"

"me and hakyeon were supposed to be a trio with a guy called sicheng, have you heard of him?" taeil asked as he slid into the conversation, placing head in his hand.

namjoon gasped, remembering the guy yuta was kissing, "yeah i know sicheng! he's yuta's boyfriend. he's a korean and chinese solo artist."

"boyfriend?!" hakyeon's eyes popped out of his head, "i told him he wasn't allowed to get a boyfriend till he was at least 25!"

taeil shook his head, putting his hand over hakyeon mouth to quiet him, "don't be silly hyung, sicheng a grown man. your too much of a dad for your own good,"

"shut up," hakyeon muttered as a laugh came out of his mouth a few seconds later.

someone came into their private room. it was the waiter ready to take their orders, "what can i get everyone,"

they told the waiter what they wanted, most getting beef or chicken. but hyuna got salad commenting that she 'had to watch her weight' which hyojong replied with something along the lines of 'your extremely beautiful even if you have a little fat on your stomach. even if you were fat, i'd still love you either way'

namjoon awed, turning to yoongi and sayings something without thinking beforehand, "would you love me if i were fat?"

"w-what?" yoongi stuttered out, his cheeks going red as namjoon's did the same and he hid himself in hoseoks shoulder.

the sunshine laughed and namjoon lightly punched him in the side, "ow!"

namjoon soon recovered from his slip up and started to talk to sunmi from across the table. he said how much he liked heroine, it was one of his favourite songs from 2018. sunmi thanked him and namjoom blushed lightly as she smiled.

yoongi glared at the younger's face as he continued to talk to sunmi. yoongi wasn't going to admit that he was jealous but he was, he still wasn't sure why though.

when the food came, taeil whispered something in yoongi's ear, "ask him out,"

"what?" the elder asked, his eyes popping out of his head in surprise as his food was placed in front of him.

"we see the way you sneak glances at him when he isn't looking." taeil replied, motioning got him, hakyeon and hyojong as 'we'.

"you all are very quick aren't you," yoongi stated shaking his head, chuckling slightly, "i don't
even think he gay though". yoongi took a swig of his beer.

hyojong sniggered, "he is," he took his phone out of his pocket and showed yoongi the text between him and hoseok, "see?"

"give me a few hours, i cant just drop the bomb like this," the elder sighed, picking up his fork and eating some steak.

"aright," taeil sighed, "i trust you,"

taeil shouldn't of trusted yoongi.

a few hours turned into a few days, and then tuned into a week and before yoongi knew it, it was two weeks till the company festival.

taeil had called him that morning to tell him that he either had to tell namjoon today, or he would.

yoongi fine well didn't want taeil ratting out his vastly growing love for namjoon, he'd wanted to do that himself.

over the last week, it and grown a extravagant amount. before it was only a crush and now it was more than that, a sad one sided love.

yoongi decided to let himself go, completely forgetting that namjoon would be over later to take him rollerskating with their nine person squad.

he got a beer out of the fridge and chugged it, which probably wouldn't be good for his immune system or vocal cords, but he did it anyway.

he was lying on his bed, looking up at the ceiling, a dead look on his face. but this suddenly changed to surprise when namjoon walked in with his own keycard to yoongi's dorm in his hand.

"what are you doing you idiot?!" namjoon shouted, closing the door behind him, "we're going out in ten minutes,"

"no," yoongi slured, "sit down."

the younger complied, sitting down next to yoongi's body. "what's wrong?" he asked worriedly. "is it about me when i asked you 'would you still love me if i were fat?' you've been distant since then. because if it is, i didn't mean it,"

"what... what if i wanted you to mean it?" yoongi said through lidded eyes, it was clear that he was drunk and namjoon thought that what he was saying were just drunk nonsense. but the again, drunk words are sober thoughts.

namjoon's breath was knocked out of his chest, "what?"

"what if i wanted.. to love you?" yoongi said, sitting up on his elbows, noticeably becoming less sober as time went on, "what would you say?"

namjoon's words got caught in his throat, he didn't know what to say, "maybe i'd like that,"

yoongi smiled before collapsing on the bed, his elbows giving out from under him. namjoon sighed pulling the covers over the passed out boy.

namjoon lay next to him, a big smile over his face, his dimples showing, "i just hope he wasn't kidding,"

💜

(a/n: double update so if you happened to skip the last update,, go back a chapter so you don't miss anything!!)