end: 28

after the release of the bodyguard and the idols relations ship, it was a rocky road.

with the tour coming up soon and the sudden weight of people knowing that namjoon and a freaking idol were dating was like adding gasoline to a blazing fire.

nevertheless, namjoon managed to power his way though, literally. he managed to push his way though hundreds upon thousands of people who surrounded the two when ever they were leaving the venue or travelling to the next location of the tour.

it was tiring to say the least, but with yoongi by namjoon's side, the younger felt like he could do anything he set his mind too, as cliche as it may sound.

it's now the last day of the tour. this tour was longer than the others because of the high demand of new seats. the tour started on the 5th and ended on the 29th. jiem and marc had 7 dates they were set to preform out of the 17.

luckily yoongi didn't have to preform as much as jimin, since his first full solo album called 'lover(s)' came out a week earlier, he would preform more for promotion.

it was the 29th today, the last day of the tour. yoongi was exhausted, namjoon could see it on his face even if he tried to not show it.

the younger would send him off to sleep with aesthetic music and hair playing every night to make sure he slept better and it had worked, for a while.

namjoon would be lying if he said he was also getting good sleep. he stayed up worrying about yoongi and the public too much.

at one point he stopped holding the elders hand because he thought it'd ruin yoongi's career. the idol scolded him for this when he found out, telling him something along the lines of, 'namjoon, i don't care about what public see me as. i've been on twitter recently, my fans are loving you. please stop worrying,'

this released a lot of namjoon's worries but it still kept him up at night, i mean, how could it not?

namjoon sat in the backstage area of the arena watching yoongi and jimin's stage for the nth time, yet every time he saw it, he fell breathless every time.

"close your mouth namjoon, your drooling," taehyung said from behind him as he sat down, "i know your boyfriend is amazing but control yourself,"

namjoon scoffed, pushing taehyung playfully, "when are you going to admit about you, jimin and hoseok?" there was no reply, "taehyung?" namjoon asked him again. there was no reply. namjoon turned to his left to see the younger kim drooling himself over his 'unconfirmed' boyfriend.

the two continued to watch their boyfriends and once the performance finished, they clapped even though no one would hear it.

suddenly, jin appeared into namjoon's line of vision from the corner of his eye, "guys,"

namjoon and taehyung turned to the ceo of their company and smiled. "yeah hyung?" the middle kim asked.

"everyone's going on stage now for the ending. and as tradition, all the bodyguards have to come on," jin ushered them out of their seats and to the main area of the arena where the idols were already getting ready to go into the stage.

"since when? we never did this last y-" taehyung started, jin glared at the latter, successfully shutting him up.

"taehyung go find the crackheads and namjoon go to your boyfriend."

"don't call them crackheads!" taehyung whined, "at least be nice and admit seungmin is a little sane."

"oh really? think about all the times seungmin has gone crazy over day6 and then i dare you to say that again."

namjoon walked away from their conversation and wondered around the back of the venue before he finally found yoongi sitting down on a small sofa, eating some pringles.

"hey hyung!" namjoon greeted with a smile.

yoongi stood up and put the lid on his pringles, "hey baby, you ready?"

namjoon blushed at the nickname but pressed his lips into yoongi soft cheek. the younger nodded to the idols question. he then asked a question in return, "can we hold hands?"

"if it makes you feel less nervous, then yes," yoongi said, taking namjoon's hand in his own and pulling him to the main stage.

"i'm not nervous," namjoon defended.

yoongi scoffed, placing a hand on namjoon's cheek and making comforting circles with the pad of his finger, "tell your hand that, it's shaking,"

"it's my hand, don't blame me hyung,"

"i know, so just— breath, i'm here, nothing will happen," yoongi replied, giving namjoon short kiss to the lips.

yoongi took his boyfriend by the hand and they got into the line that the company had practiced. all idols, and now bodyguards, were in designated spots.

the calling began, starting with a group he didn't know, red velvet, then halohalo, keinaq and so on.

yoongi and namjoon were due up in five people's time, it would be less than 5 minutes before the two would be walking down the stage, hand in hand.

"are you ready?" one of the stagehands asked. yoongi nodded and namjoon smiled nervously, saying no with his eyes but shaking his head 'yes'.

"you two are up in," the stage hand paused, reading the signs from other stage hands watching the stage, "three,"

"two," namjoon took a deep breath. 'yoongi said they'd love me, i've got to trust him, he's my boyfriend after all,'.

"one," yoongi squeezed his boyfriends hand reassuringly.

"go,"

and off they went, down the middle of the stage, screams going off left and right.

once the couple got to the end, yoongi did something that surprised namjoon. he kissed him. he kissed him in front of millions, right on the lips.

he pulled away smiling brightly, yoongi doing the same, "i love you kim namjoon."

"i love you too min yoongi,"

the arena was filled with screams since yoongi was still wearing a mic.

they put their heads together lovingly, completely forgetting the world.

💜

i'm sobbing bc it's cute but i'm glad i finally got this finished. i wrote a chapter a day for a whole month as a challenge that i set for myself. it's definitely something i won't be doing in the future though, my hands were in pain at some points.

/////

25/04/21 update:

i just started a new book called 'cosmic space' so please check that out if you're interested in more works by me ,, your support would be fantastic :D tysm again !! cya <3