>>>>8. You are my problem now<<<<

10:20 a.m.

You nervously shifted in your seat as you waited for Dr. Kim's session. He had, quite surprisingly, agreed to meet you in your apartment, even after you had blatantly refused his desperate efforts to set up an appointment at his clinic. The events at his office re-played in your head and of course, his text.

...guess I have to take matters in hand...

You felt your cheeks burn a little as, apart from Hyo, no one really cared about you.

And Dr. Kim Seokjin would be the last person to do so.

But something about him confused you. On one hand, he was being a complete foul-mouthed and hard-hearted human, who cared nothing about how others felt. While on the other hand, he was super eager for a session with you.

This man's crazy.

Your eyes darted to Hyoki, who had entered the drawing room, all flustered. "Oh God, I'm sooooo late!" she sighed in an attempt to wear her shoes. She notices you sitting on the sofa and asks,       "You'll be fine, right?"

Evidently, to her, meeting Seokjin all by yourself was not a very big idea, especially after your tormenting episode with him in the clinic the other day.

"Yes, Hyo," you smiled reassuringly.

"The doc will be here at any moment, right?"

"Looks like he's almost 20 minutes behind schedule but he's a busy man."

"Well, in that case, I'll be leaving. I'm VERY LATE!!!" and groaning deeply she leaves the house hurriedly.

After Hyoki's departure, the emptiness of the house shrouds you as you are transported back to the past, as memories flood in.

Jeongguk.

You no longer cried at them. You missed him but you no longer questioned his decision. And you wondered why. Should you actually have cooperated with him and waited for him? Would he really come back to you, the way he had promised? A lump formed on your throat as you recalled everything.

Why did you have to remember about him at all?

You are interrupted from your thoughts, as the doorbell rang. A very flustered Seokjin greeted you in on the other side. He was out of breath and on seeing you; a strange relief spread on his face, as he managed to say, "I'm so sorry that I'm late. I had to attend another patients and the--..."

Seokjin apparently spoke for a long time, but the words no longer registered to your head. Earlier you were also nervous because you were doubting if the doctor would actually visit you.

A part of you felt that Dr. Kim would not turn up. He would break his promise of meeting up with you and disappoint you like so many before.

But he did not.

He came to prove you wrong.

He came for you.

"Miss Lee," a voice brought you out of your thoughts, as your eyes met Jin's, who was still standing by the doorway.

"Oh my, I'm extremely sorry. Please come inside."

You lead the man inside, completely embarrassed at your thoughtlessness. As you settled yourself on the couch opposite to the one on Jin sat on, you noticed for the first time things you failed to notice when he first appeared before you today.

His face was a deep red and there were beads of perspiration on his forehead. He was also heavily breathing.

"What the hell, Dr. Kim? What happened to you?" you started, confused at his state. "Wait, you need water."

You got up from you seat and went to the kitchen, ignoring the man's groans of disapproval. You handed him the glass of water, which he emptied in two gulps.

"Listen," you said, gently caressing him on his shoulders. "Take deep breaths."

"I'm f-fine," he huffed through his breath, and looking up at you he said, "I'm really fine."

"Well then, why are you breathing heavily? What's happened?"

Jin desperately tries to calm his nerves, as he makes himself comfortable on the couch. "I think, Ms. Lee, I should be the one, asking that question to you."

His question catches you off guard as you stare at him. "Eh, why is that so?"

Jin sighs and perking his head up, he asked, "Why were you not answering your phone?"

You raised your eyebrows as you hunted for the device.

Damn, thirty missed calls from Dr. Kim and a few from Hyorin too.

"I was calling you to inform you that I would be a little late," Jin continued, as you peered into your phone. "But you refused to pick up any of my calls. I called up your friend and she said that she had just left you all by yourself."

By yourself.

You looked at him and rolled your eyes. "So?"

"So? Seriously? You don't pick up not only my calls, but not also your friend's. What am I supposed to think?"

His tone was not an angry one.

It was disappointment.

Guilt hits you as you understand why he was worried.

Why everyone was worried.

"I told your friend that I've almost reached the house and I rushed. Don't worry I texted her as soon as you opened the door and..."

"Dr. Kim."

You do not look at him but you can feel your eyes brimming with unshed tears.

"I'm fine, Dr. Kim. My phone was silent."

"Yes I realised that when you answered the door."

"I'm really fine. Please do not unnecessarily worry about me. I am really not your problem."

Dr. Kim scoffed a bit at your statement only to shock you more at his reply.

"You are my problem now."

___________________________________

Hi I'm backkk!! I was supposed to publish this earlier... But here it is!!! I know the chapter is a bit short, but it's really going to add to the momentum. In the meantime, I hope all of you are fine... 💜💜AND DON'T FORGET TO STREAM BLACK SWAN.

(WONDERS HOW TO SURVIVE THE COMEBACK  T_T)

___________________________________