||||16. The bibliophile's bookstore||||

The directions that Seokjin had sent to you, led to a small and cosy house, which was quite a misfit to the mechanical and humongous buildings beside it. A beautiful garden adorned at the doorstep and made you feel quite at home.

On ringing the doorbell, Seokjin, cheerfully led you in.

"You're probably the first of my patients to ever enter my abode."

"Well, what can I say, I'm honoured?"

He chuckled a bit and ushered you into the drawing room. Your eyes scanned the whole room and went inadvertently to a series of photo frames, which were kept at a discreet angle on the shelves.  

He kept them like that on purpose.

A thought came in your head to ask him about it, but you decided against it. Instead, Jin's question, took you by surprise.

"So, what did you want to talk about so urgently?"

Guilt suddenly, made you lower your head in utter shame.

"The way that I'm taking you for granted, is making me loathe myself."

Jin caressed his chin with a smug smile plastered on his face.

"Well, then I have to guess that I'm irresistible enough for you to come back to me."

His confidence not only made you roll your eyes in absurdity, but also made you laugh after a long time.

"What do you think yourself to be? The most attractive man on earth?"

"I don't just think, mademoiselle. I am ..."

You smile at his words with your eyes falling in the direction of the hidden photo frames.

And as if on a cue, Jin attempts to distract you again.

"Please let me know, what is bothering you."

It takes a few moments for you to gather your thoughts.

"Do I have to be the righteous protagonist of my story with absolutely no flaws at all?" you whisper, looking down.

Seokjin narrowed his eyes as he hastily scribbled on the notepad that he had conjured from no where.

"That is something I attempt to completely shatter. Tell me everything."

Everything.

"Well," Jin spoke, after what seemed like ages. "Is it about the next one?"

You slowly nodded as regret, dominated in your whole being.

You were not as white as you thought yourself to be. The black in you came cascading in.

The bookstore.

This place had all of a sudden become a refuge for you. The smell of new books enriched you, as you took a seat. 

"Good evening, ma'am," a tall man appeared, flashing his endearing smile enhanced with his dimples, his brown hair neatly parted.  "As you can see, ma'am, this is a first of a kind bookstore. You can read books here, and you can buy them if you like it. Meanwhile you can indulge in eateries for yourself."

You scanned the place in awe.

"So this is a cafe too?"

"Well," he smiled sheepishly. "We're trying to focus on the books. But yes, you're correct too."

You grinned as you looked at the book in your hand, that you had retrieved from a nearby shelf.

"Ah, The Catcher in the Rye ! An excellent choice ma'am."

"So you have to entertain customers too, eh." The tone of mockery in your voice surprised you too, as you dared to not look up.

But the man did not seem to mind.

"No ma'am," he spoke with renewed courtesy. "It's just that this book is very dear to me and I hope that it treats you well too. Should I get a cup of coffee for you?"

His extreme politeness confuses you a bit as you manage to blurt out, "no a glass of water will do," as softly as you could.

"Sure ma'am. Enjoy."

You slowly picked up your head and your eyes trailed towards the man who had suddenly disappeared behind a counter. 

With mixed feelings about everything that happened a while ago, you started to read the book.

A few cups of coffee, few sandwiches and many glasses of water later, you had almost reached the end of the book. 

"Ma'am, we're about to close."

You looked up from the book to be welcomed with that delightful smile again.

"Oh yes, of course. I lost track of time, completely."

"No problem at all.  You can finish the book."

"But, won't it get too late for you?" you asked, noticing that most employees had left and you were the only customer left. 

"Nah, I've got all time in the world for bibliophiles. Plus, I don't live far from here."

You smiled back at him in gratitude.

It did not take much time to finish the book. On looking for the man, you found him carefully attempting to sip his piping hot coffee. An adorable sight, you thought as you kept staring at him. Your eyes fell towards the book that lay beside him. Those who walk away from the Omelas. He broke away from his reverie when he noticed you. 

"I hope you liked it here."

"I did. It's a perfect escapade."

He sighed in relief as if patiently waiting for this exact compliment.

"So you're not going to ask me? "

"Ask you what, ma'am?"

"To buy the book?"

The man chortled a bit as his eyes disappeared in half-moon crescents.

"No, I'm not. I mean it's your choice to buy or not to do so. You've already finished the book and if you want to buy it now, I guess you would want to keep it as a companion, forever. "

You smiled as you put your hand out. "I'm Y/N and I'll be coming to this place often, just to make new companions. Though  I may not buy them, always."

The man smiled back, his eyes somehow understanding everything that you wanted to convey.

"I'm Kim Namjoon," he said, shaking your outstretched hand. " And I shall be patiently waiting to give you this escapade, whenever you require it."

Can someone be so perfectly tolerable and patient with my shenanigans?

"Uh, well, I don't know about that," he spoke, making you realise that you had voiced your thoughts. "But I guess, books are making me a lot more understanding."

"Are you a poet?" you asked, desperately trying to ignore the reddening of your cheeks

Namjoon nervously laughed out loud and when he did not find the emotion reciprocated, he lowered his head.

"No one understands my poetic temperament."

You smiled softly before responding, " I would love to hear every poem you wrote Kim Namjoon. I have all the time in the world for you."

Or did you actually?

___________________________________

Our leadernim deserves all the fluff (◕ᴗ◕✿) ( ˘ ³˘)♥

___________________________________