||||19. Jihyo||||

As years passed by, a strong friendship ensued between my rescuer, her friend and me. It was much like the friendship you, your friend Hyoki, and Jeongguk had. I was mostly the silent observer of the group, and watched the two of them do great stuff.

By great stuff, I mean, protecting the weak from the cruel, teaching the cruel a lesson, helping the weak develop a personality of their own, and much more.

My rescuer was not just my rescuer; she was everyone's hope and light.

Everyday I hopelessly fell in love with her, and I was happy that it was one-sided, for it was so too far-fetched to date the literal queen of the school. Her "Hey Jinnie! How are you?" melted me, as some days, it felt like the only thing that I wanted to listen to.

Once she didn't come to school for almost a week. I could not contact her and her friend said that it was best to not try to search for her, for she specifically told the former to not worry about her.

I had literally been following this girl since I was ten, and now at sixteen, to not worry about her, spooked me a lot.

What happened to her?

The Sherlock in me arose, as I would not stop until I found out about the love of my life.

It was pitch black dark, when I decided to spy on her house. She had once showed the two of us the passage she would use to sneak out of the house, when she was not allowed to get out. I slowly crept in that passage, my heart hammering against my chest.

I had almost crept into her room when I heard a voice.

"You will be fine. Nothing has happened to you, Okay, Jihyo?"

Jihyo? Who the heck is Jihyo?

I squint through the small hole on the entrance of the passage, to see my rescuer, staring at her mother, while lying on her bed.

Who is Jihyo and where is she?

Her mother kept brushing her hair, whispering the name Jihyo, to her, again and again.

And then it hit me.

The lady left the room, switching off all the lights, save a bedside lamp, which made me see my rescuer's face.

Her face shone brilliantly and I felt like falling in love again.

But this time, she would probably not even recognise me for she wasn't my rescuer. She was Jih-

"H-hey Jinnie."

A small whisper floated to my ears, as I selfishly clung onto my hopes.

"It's okay, Jinnie. I'm alone."

I try to take in her words, slowly opening the door, which opened into her room.

"How did you know?" I managed to ask, unable to look her in the eyes.

"I know you," she replied with a firm resolve, ushering me to sit down on her bed.

I looked at her, her brown eyes, eagerly scanning me, as I followed her suit.

"Tell me, Jinnie."

"Who's Jihyo?" I ask her bluntly.

She does not seem thrown off-guard, rather she sighs and looks at the ceiling.

"You know my secret now, apart from my family and the doctors."

I stare at her in disbelief, impatiently waiting for her to continue.