>>>>12. I'm fine <<<<

You stretch on your chair to relieve the gnawing pain on your back. The front door creaks open, with a tired Hyoki entering.

"Well hello," she greets you, quite jubilantly. "You're working?"

Yes, you were working.

Yes, you had to earn.

Yes, you also had to take a lot of leave.

I have an understanding boss.

Yes, you worked from home a lot.

"Yes, Hyo," you smile at her, as you peer into your laptop again.

"So, um... How was your session, today? You didn't.. um, tell me."

Hyoki pours herself a glass of water, and fidgets a little, as she looks at you.

She was anxious.

And you couldn't really blame her.

She'd seen you die, almost, so many times....

"Hyo, do you remember the first time?"

She looks at you to ensure if you were joking.

No, you weren't.

Your earnest eyes stir her a bit.

Maybe, it pained her even more to remember all the things.

How, you almost....

"Y/N why? Why are we even...."

"Hyo, please. For me. Please. I need to...."

"Is it one of Dr. Kim's sessions?"

Dr. Kim.

He's helping so much.

And you had to do this for him.

For him.

"He's helping, Hyo. I want his help."

Hyoki looked at you, astonished.

Maybe a part of her was really grateful that you were benefiting and that you wanted to get well...

"Ah Y/N-ah," she sighed after a while and slumped beside you. "What do you want to talk about?"

You eyes flutter to the windows and how slowly the wind plays with the curtains. The curtains dance to and fro to the beats of the wind.

It's such a beautiful sight.

"My life, Hyo. It was so beautiful. I had you. I've always had you."

Your emotions dance to the rhythm of the curtains as you fix your gaze to its invisible creator.

"Why was everything so invisible and yet, it was right in front of me?"

Hyoki brushes your hair as she shifts closer to you. "I don't know, Y/N, " she replies sadly. "I don't know why you did it despite me being there all the time. But I guess, I just wasn't enough."

"HYO," you blurt out, firmly, hugging her. "Don't say that please. Don't make me feel worse."

"It's not about making you feel worse, Y/N. I remember how after Taehyung's death, you fell into severe depression. I did everything I could. Everything. I left no stone unturned. Took you to a therapist. Took to these therapy sessions. Talked endlessly with you. But it just wasn't enough. It wasn't."