>>>>13. Did I deserve it? <<<<

"Ah, I'm sorry for making you wait."

Seokjin comes in and sits on his chair. "It's fine. I didn't wait for long," you reply, rubbing your hands every now and then.

"You are fine, aren't you?" he asks, noticing the movement of your hands. "Should I turn the heater on? It's definitely turning cold..."

"No, I'm fine. It's not an issue."

But it was.

It was a session, again.

And this time, you had to discuss about...

"Okay, Miss Lee. Now before we start I just want to ask you something."

"Oh yes, sure."

"You said that you didn't attempt to kill yourself after all the six men, did you?"

You stiffen at his question.

Not all the six times.

"N-no, I didn't. I did it f-four times."

"Great. Now, is this person, that you're to talk about, one of the two men who didn't make you do it?"

Seokjin hastily writes on his notepad and looks up for an answer.

"Yes. I didn't do anything after him, because I hated him. He came to life and I NEVER WANTED IT!"

"Okay, Miss Lee," he spoke calmly, "I assure you that anger isn't going to solve all problems. You need to calm down."

You need to calm down.

Why do you hate me?

Because I spoke the truth?

Well people need to know the truth.

You cannot hide it always...

"It's so hard, Dr. Kim. All these years I've tried with all my might to bury these memories in the deepest corner of my heart. And now..."

It becomes increasingly difficult for you to speak, as you emotions make it impossible for you to breathe.

Breathe

Breathe

"Miss Lee," Seokjin speaks in the calmest voice ever. "We are bringing out those memories because we do not want them to make you suffer anymore. You have to let them out. Please.  For yourself. "

Your eyes meet and you realise that he wants you to not suffer anymore.

He really wants to help.

You close your eyes and give in to the inevitable.

*

You open your eyes to an unknown surrounding. It feels vague yet peaceful. A continuous beeping sound irritates you.

What the heck--

Oh, that is to indicate that you are alive.

Why am I...

Your thoughts are arrested as your eyes fall on Hyoki, trying her best to sleep on the chair.

You look at her intently, not daring to lose sight of her, now that you are awake.

As if on cue, Hyoki wakes up and looks at you. A relief spreads on her to see you awake, as she hurries towards you. You try to smile at her, as much as you could.