||||18.The girl on the picture ||||

"Let me be your, therapist, for a change, Dr. Kim."

Seokjin, completely stunned by your words, looked up, his eyes red and puffy.

"W-what?" He stammers, unable to comprehend your words.

"I'm very serious," you state, as you gently urge him to get up and help him settle in the couch, his eyes never leaving you for a second.

Your hands stumble for a glass and you nervously pour water into him.

I'm trying to be brave, I know. I'm trying to be brave for him. But most importantly I'm trying this for myself.

You hand him the glass as he chugs in its contents in one breath to look at you again. His red, puffy eyes, looked awfully similar to you, and you covered your face, trying hard to not let the horror seem evident.

He was insecure, just like you.

You braced yourself and looked at him. By now, he had a nasty smirk on his face.

"Huh?" you ask, feeling quite offended at his demeanor. 

"You're scared at my expression, Y/N. How do you counsel me if you're scared, yourself?"

"Well it's my first time," you retort, irritated at his jest. "You'd be lying if you said that you were all confident with your first ever patient."

You pull your sweater paws out, massaging your cheeks that were slowly losing colour.

"Stop. You're getting way too nervous Y/N. You won't ...."

"Okay. Lets begin."

You take a deep breath and turn towards him, with a firm resolve in your eyes. Seokjin stared at you in confusion, unable to comprehend your sudden turn of events.

"I said," you begin firmly. "Tell me what you're trying so hard to repress."

He leaves a long drawn sigh and looks down. Your eyes soften as you realise that you must look like this when you are the patient.

 But now the tables have turned, and how.

"I've nothing to repress, Y/N. I've accepted it. I've accepted everything that fate has had to offer me. It's just..."

"Just what?"

"I'm in denial that I lead a life that's fallen apart."

You furrow your eyebrows in confusion. "Isn't that technically repressing your feelings?"

Seokjin looks tongue-tied for some time before chuckling in glee. "You're good at this."

Yes. We're all good at this. We're all good at showing that we're all okay.

You patiently wait for him to gain his compusure, his eyes slowly draining of all happiness.

What is his story?

"Tell me, Seokjin."

He rubs his face and starts speaking, emotionlessly.

"That girl out there in that picture was someone very special to me. She was the most important person to me, but now..."

"Now?"

He looks at you with a devastating smile. "I no longer exist for her."

You look at him confusedly. "How is that?"

He lets out a long drawn sigh before he starts to narrate his story.

*