Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

I can hear myself screaming through my old oak door. Why can I hear myself? What is going on? If I’m not me then who am I? Where am I? Is this one of Loki’s tricks?

I call out without realising why “Destiny darling are you all right?”

Why did I just call to myself?

My father notifies “Stay away from the door dear we’re coming in.”

How is my Dad still alive? What is going on? I’m starting to feel panicked.

My father opens the door. I see myself crying and screaming. I’ve been taken back to the day of my unleashing. Wait a second if I’m there and my Dad’s there then I’m my Mum. Why am I my Mum?

Suddenly my powers are released. I fall to the floor in an electrocuted, frozen, muddy, wind swept, soaked and burning heap. I can feel the pain like it’s my own. I’m screaming in raw uncontrolled pain. Why am I feeling the pain? Why am I being punished? Are I already suffering enough? Why is this happening?

I drift away from consciousness the moment my Mum dies. I skip straight into my father who dies about another two minutes after my mother. I feel his pain like I did my mothers. But I feel it more because there was more of my father than there was of my mother. I’m screaming and squirming. There’s no escaping this feeling.

Someone shakes me awake and I sit up quickly. I immediately smack heads with Loki making me cry out in pain. Loki did the same and he cradled his head for a second. I pull my legs up to my chest and pant heavily.

Loki asks “Are you alright Destiny?”

I nod and lie “I’m fine.”

Loki notifies “I don’t think you are Destiny… You were screaming out in what I think to be pain… But I can’t see anything that would be hurting you like that except for your leg.”

I reply “It’s nothing to do with my leg.”

Loki asks and comes to sit next to me “Then what is it Destiny?”

I shake my head and start to cry uncontrollably. Loki hugs me and I don’t fight it like I should do.

Loki asks “Please tell me?”

I feel him try and get into my head with one of his spells but I block him out with my psychic abilities. He tries again and I block him.

I hiss “Stop trying to get into my head Loki.”

Loki is definitely taken back by what I said because he asks “You can feel me doing it?”

I nod through tears.

Loki notifies “I’m sorry Destiny but I want to know.”

I nod and sigh in defeat.

I begin “When I turned eighteen my powers got a boost… This boost happened when I was in my home with my family… This boost made my powers come out of my body and destroy my house and my family… I had no idea what was going on… Ever since I get these nightmares about what happened about what I did… But this one…I was in my mothers body first I felt her pain like it was my own as she died and then I felt my fathers pain like it was my own…”

I stop unable to carry on with my explanation. Loki doesn’t need anymore details. His eyes are abit watery which surprises me greatly.

He whispers “It’s alright Destiny.”

I sigh and was about to say something else but there’s a loud explosion and the whole entire Helicarrier lurches to one side. Both myself and Loki are sent flying into the side of the prison cell. As we hit the wall the power goes off and our door opens. I’m the first to react and bolt for the door with Loki not that far behind me.