Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

Loki’s P.O.V.

I’m not exactly sure what Destiny wants me to do now. I understand that she’s tired especially with her unfortunate nightmare last night or should I say this morning but what does she expect me to do? I don’t want to do this training that she suggested because I could break something. I don’t really want to talk to this mortal whose name I think is Tom because I’m sure he hates me. This Tom looks like he’s thinking about to talk to me. Maybe I should seem friendlier to him. He still hasn’t apologised for smashing that metal cooking device around my head. But I don’t know what to say to him. I would have preferred it if Destiny started off a conversation instead of just leaving us.

This Tom asks “So then have you settled in here alright Loki?”

I take awhile to figure out what he’s actually trying to ask me but I eventually reply “I think I’ve settled in quite well.”

Tom nods then looks around awkwardly as do I. I hope this doesn’t continue for too long as I’m starting to feel very uncomfortable.

Tom asks “What was it like in the Helicarrier?”

I raise an eyebrow in curiosity. Does he really want to know what it was like in the Helicarrier? I should answer him truthfully. I may be the God of mischief and lies but I don’t actually think it is wise to lie to him when he has known Destiny for longer.

I reply “Not that nice really… Not much to do apart from either talk to Destiny or look at whatever she was doing on these electronical devices or fight her really other than that nothing… It was rather boring.”

Tom smiles “I could imagine… I feel sorry for both of you having to be held captive by S.H.I.E.L.D.”

I ask “May I ask or is it too personal how did you meet Destiny?”

Tom replies with a smile “Your brother asked me the same question but here goes…I had been thrown out of my house after I nearly set it alight… Destiny had been sitting out on a rooftop thinking or something and she had seen the whole thing… The argument I had with my parents… When my father started to attack me she took action and came down to help me… By then she had already made a name for herself being like a villain so my parents backed off as did I at first… but when she defended me telling them that I had made a mistake and that they shouldn’t treat me like they were… My father didn’t care and went for me again… She stood in front of me and took a blow to the face… She didn’t retaliate she just stood between me and my father… When the Police arrived she disappeared onto the building she had come from… I escaped and headed up to the top of that building to personally thank her for helping me…We formed a friendship then that I thought couldn’t be broken… Then we made our home and everything else in with it.”

I nod then ask “I overheard you and Destiny talking about an argument that you two recently had… What was that about?”

Tom doesn’t reply at first then sighs “I’d rather not talk about it.”

I nod but I still want an answer. I know that normal Human’s can’t feel me going through their minds but I’ll have to be careful with Tom as he’s been with Destiny. She may have taught him some tricks on how to know if someone is reading your thoughts and memories.

I start the spell silently and start to search his memories for the information I want to know. I find it quickly enough as it’s at the front of his mind.

Tom is in a random large four wheeled Earth vehicle and is listening to what I’ve heard to be the radio. I can hear Destiny on it. She’s doing an interview with a reporter via a phone call. I feel Tom’s emotions go from being content to being totally shocked and annoyed. He thinks she should have told him about this plan before she did it. I feel his anger rise and he finishes his job in the same mood. I watch their argument unfold before my eyes. I notice the pictures of her family but I can’t see them properly. I’m going to have to sneak into Destiny’s room if I want to see her family. I feel Tom’s emotions slip into insecurity and regret.