Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen

I’m starting to wake and I can already sense the disturbance in New York before the loud knock on my door and Loki bursting into my room.

Loki notifies urgently “It’s begun Destiny… Thanos is attacking.”

I’m up and out of my bed instantly. I get changed in the bathroom quickly. S.H.I.E.L.D. made me a new suit which apparently helps me with my powers. It works exactly like my old suit except it looks different. I walk out of the bathroom and out of my room. Loki is following close behind me. I don’t even need to turn around to know he is scared. Why wouldn’t he be? After what I’ve heard about Thanos I’m even slightly scared of the person. But I cannot think of my fears I need to think about the battle which is about to take place. Me and Loki calmly walk into the lounge where the Avengers and Tom are all rushing around. They seem so unorganised. Sorry Tom but even you do. I put my fingers in my mouth and whistle loudly catching everyone’s attention.

I yell “GET A GRIP WILL YOU EARTH IS UNDER ATTACK LETS DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!”

Steve asks “What would you have us do then Destiny?”

I notify “We defend Earth in the only way we can.”

To make my words have more of an impact I set my hands on fire and make my wings appear.

Tony urges “Then lets get out there and defend Earth.”

I nod and quickly head out of the building followed by the Avengers.

We all rush out of the Avengers building and I’m immediately confronted by a Chitauri soldier which I quickly burn to ashes.

Steve notifies “Alright the key objective until we can locate Thanos and destroy the portal is containment… Thor you stay with Loki… Tony you stay with Destiny…. Fury would kill us if we allowed them to go round unattended…”

I interrupt “We’re just about to go straight into battle and you’re worried about me and Loki going around on our own.”

Steve looks at me but just orders “Hawkeye go get a bird’s eye view from a building top… Me, Natasha and Tom will try to get rid of some of the troops on the ground and Bruce if you don’t mind.”

Bruce smiles “I’m sure the other guy will be happy to make an appearance.”

I hiss “Well just make sure he doesn’t go for me or Tom.”

Loki adds with a shiver “Or me.”

Bruce smiles “Of course.”

Bruce transforms into the Hulk who stands looking around at the destruction which has already started.

Steve orders “Let’s go… Hulk smash.”

The Hulk laughs and leaps into the air and takes out some Chitauri soldiers who were clinging to the building walls. I leap into the air and fly upwards while burning some of the Chitauri soldiers either on the buildings or on their little flying ships. Stark is by me not long after. Well lets see how long this will go on for.

We’ve been fighting for hours now. There’s still no sign of Thanos. I suddenly sense something big coming through the portal and immediately look up. Great it’s one of those flying snake monster things. Tony hovers beside me and follows my gaze. I haven’t been able to loose him in all this fighting.

Tony groans “Haven’t we got enough to contend with.”

I growl “Apparently not.”

I fly straight up towards the monster calling seventy five percent of my true power to play. My hair shines black and my eyes glow black. I call forward the powers of fire and electricity. My plan I either going to get me covered in this things blood or myself killed either way I’ve tried. The monster opens its mouth and I allow it to swallow me. I release the power then I burn and electrocute this monster from the inside out. I cannot stand it in here any longer I need out somewhere. Its mouth opens to shriek in pain so I take my chance and fly out. But before I can get out it closes my mouth on one of my wings snapping the bones in that wing. I scream in pain and electrocute its mouth some more. It opens its mouth letting me drop. I call my powers back and try to stay airborne. Black spots are dancing their way across my eyes and I cannot keep my eyes open from the pain. I black out and drop to my death.