𝘯𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯 - 𝘥𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦𝘳.

This is a oneshot between Nick and Austin. Basically, the storyline is that Austin thinks he's not a good enough dancer and Nick, his boyfriend, finds out about his thoughts about himself. I follow an account on Instagram with different people's opinions and one of them was that Austin was the worst dancer in Prettymuch because he danced awkwardly. That's what this oneshot is inspired by. 

Austin was once again at the dance studio. He had one of their routines that he struggled with and he wanted to get it perfectly before he went home. It was the jello breakdown he was struggling with. He was struggling with it while the other guys just did it without a doubt. 

Why was he so bad?

(✿◡‿◡)

At the Prettymuch house 

Austin had been away for a long time now. All the boys had gone to rehearsal in the morning and after they were done Austin said that he would stay and the other boys just said okay. 

They went home just thinking that Austin wanted to dance a little more but now that there had gone more than five hours, Nick was getting worried about his boyfriend. 

Nick tried calling Austin's cellphone but nobody answered. After a lot of pondering about the idea, he came to the solution that he would just drive over to the studio. He said goodbye to the other guys and went out to his car. He began the fifteen minutes ride to the dance studio.

(✿◡‿◡)

At the dance studio

When Nick walked in he could hear jello playing. "Has he been practising till now?" Nick mumbled to himself. It was the end that was playing, the breakdown, but it started over when it stopped. Nick wasn't nervous anymore, he knew Austin was just practising.

"Hey, honey!" Nick yelled over the loud music. Austin, alarmed, shifted his head quickly towards the door and visibly relaxed when he saw it was just Nick, his boyfriend. Austin ran over to stop the music and once it was done he walked over to Nick. 

"What are you doing here?" Austin asked. "You've been here for more than five hours, not including the real rehearsal, and I got nervous" Nick answered. "Awh, you're so sweet," Austin said.

"So, have you been practising since we left?" Nick asked while sitting down in front of the mirror. "Yeah, I have actually. There's this one move I can't get right" Austin said while mirroring Nick's actions.  He rubbed his neck, it was something he did when he talked about something he was uncomfortable with. "What move is it?" Nick asked standing up again.

"I don't know what it's called," Austin said and looked down at the dirty floor. "It's okay, you can just show me" Nick suggested. "Oh no, I'm good I'll learn it tomorrow let's just go home," Austin said and walked over to grab his coat and phone avoiding eye-contact.

 "No stop it, the whole routine is easy. I'm gonna dance it and then you can point at me when it comes" Nick said and smiled sweetly. 

"Easy," Austin thought. "Yeah, it's so easy". 

Nick started the music and improvised until the breakdown came. He started doing it, of course perfectly, and Austin pointed the whole time. 

Nick stopped before the song was done because he could see Austin crying silently while pointing at him the whole time. " Oh honey, are you struggling with the whole piece?" Nick asked after shutting the music off.

 Austin just nodded slowly and Nick frowned. "Why didn't you just tell me?" Nick said while dropping down beside Austin and starting to pet his hair. 

"You all did so perfectly the first time without any second doubt. While that, I was just standing in the corner trying to figure out how to fucking move my arms right. You looked flawless and I looked like an elephant that was drowning while trying to dance" Austin sobbed out. 

Nick's heart completely broke when he saw Austin crying. "Austin, what are you talking about? You're an amazing dancer" Nick said.

 "No, I'm not. Zion and Edwin never had professional dancing lessons and they're better than me. You don't get it, Nick, because you can dance. I look awkward and bad while you and the other guys get all the praise" Austin continued tearing himself down.

"The other boys are not like you. You're not built like them and you're not trained to dance like them, so you can't keep comparing yourself to them. Just because you don't dance like them doesn't mean you're worse than them" Nick said completely honest. 

Austin just scoffed and Nick knew it was because he didn't believe him. Nick gave up. He kissed Austin with all he had and he kissed him back. 

"Austin Dale Porter, you listen to me right now. You're exceptional and not like any other. You're almost like a foreign creature and that's what I love about you. You dance better than anyone I've ever met and you also sing better than anybody, and you need to see that yourself" Nick said and went back to kiss Austin.

Austin sighed. "You're such a good boyfriend," He said and snuggled into his neck.

"Yeah, but you're better," Nick said and could feel Austin smiling into his neck.