Chapter 5

We eat our food and chat about whatever. Riker doesn't know my mom doesn't think I should have a boyfriend, which Ross is not...yet, so Riker says,"hey Ashley, how good of a kisser is Ross?"

I feel my face turn red, and my mom just stares at me in surprise. When my mom turns away, I smile and say to Riker,"probably a better one than you."

Everybody other than Riker and our parents say,"oooooo."

Ellington says,"she just told you." We all laugh like crazy. After a minute or two we claim down.

My mom says,"ya'll want to got to the mall?"

We all at once scream,"yes!"

I say,"ya'll will probably not get bombarded, I'm like the only person at my school who likes ya'll. Everyone is just jealous because ya'll are so awesome, but I'm going to change that."

Rydel says,"awww, that's so sweet. Some people have always not liked us, we are used to hate."

"Awwww, you guys are awesome." I say.

Rocky says,"oh my gosh, you finally said 'you guys' instead of 'ya'll' "

I embrace his criticism and say in a country accent ,"yeper, well I'm country, what do you expect for me to say?" They all laugh.

Our parents soon coax us out of the restaurants. My mom tells Stormie and Mark how to get to the mall, and my mom, my grandmother, and I jump in our car and drive to the mall.

I jump out of the car once we get to the mall, and I "forget" my jacket. My mom, my grandmother, and I walk through the JCPenny's entrance. We walk through the store past the woman's clothing, so it takes me forever to get my mom and grandmother to walk though the store to get to the food court to meet Ross.

Bye the time we get to the food court, Ross and his family are there,so we get it little pairs and descend into the stores. Ross and I decide to walk around in Belk some.

We walk to the other side of the food court, towards Belk. We walk into Belk, and thought the men's section. We walk pass some dress shirts and ties.

Ross picks up a pink and black stripped tie and says sarcastically, "do I look like a boss?"

I say,"yep. Real classy, person I've never seen before." I walk away slowly acting like I've never met him before.

He follows me saying,"well I've seen you before."

I say sarcastically,"so your a stalker?"

He says,"haha, you are so funny," sarcastically.

"Yep, I'm hilarious!" I say in a country accent. He giggles trying not to laugh really loud, but he can't hold it. He laughs so loud, so the never by people look at us like we are crazy.

It was really funny because sometimes when I use a country accent, it sounds like I'm a little drunk. So Ross was laughing at my drunk country accent.

We walk around Belk more after we claim down a little. We walk past the jewelry, and I see a heart locket that catches my eye. The crazy thing is, I didn't show any sign of wanting it, but Ross still knew I liked it.

He says,"you want it?" The locket was silver and read,"Believe in Forever" with little diamonds around the words.

I say,"na." I lie. It was the most awesome locket I'd ever seen! But I don't let him know that. I don't want him to spend that money on me.

"Are you sure?" He says.

"I don't really need it." I lie again.

He says,"ok."

We continue walking through the section where my clothes are sold. I see a black leather jacket with a round neck, and I run to it.

"Holy mother of pearl, I want this jacket!" I say. "I'm calling my mother!"

"Wow you just said,'holy mother of pearl' that was pretty cute." He says and smiles." I bet it would look hot on you. What I just had to say it?"

"Yes I know. Talk to you in one sec, I'm calling my mom." I tell him. I call my mom,"hi mommy I love you."

"Ok, what do you want me to buy you?" I hear my mother say.

I say,"I can't just call to say, 'I love you'?"

"Haha, very funny," she says sarcastically.

I say,"ok well, you know how I've been looking for a leather jacket, well I found it dear sweet mommy." Ross just stares at me with a cute smirk on his face wondering why I'm talking like this.

"Ok are ya'll in Belk?" She asks.

"Yes, ok see you in a sec. Love you." I reply.

"Love you too" she says right before we hang up.

Ross says,"that was something I was not expecting to see," I smile.

My mom comes and I give her the jacket to go buy and Ross an I walk to the food court.

Authors note:
Hey people! Plz vote and comment.

Follow me if you want to!! <3 u!!

You know you want to!!!