Finding Myself

Sorry for any errors.. ❤️

Nene

"Bell Rings"

"Alright class, don't forget to turn your research in by Monday" Mrs Newman said.

I gathered my stuff, headed out the door... I'm just glad this is my last year.. I'm so sick of getting up early and going to bed late at night.. Nursing school is tough, especially when you don't have support.. But I do what I have to do. I just wish my mom was here to see me grow into the young lady she raised me to be.

I've been on my own since I was 19 ,I'm 22 now... My mom is doing time in prison for killing my dad. He use to beat on her, even did it in front of me a couple of times... He never laid a finger on me, but he took all of his problems out on her.. One day, she decided she couldn't take it anymore.. She pulled the gun out and shot him... I was at school when it happened, it was my senior year. My mom got 10 years in prison, even though it was self defense.. My life changed forever that day , and I had to grow up real fast... I graduated high school and started working at Plush to support myself financially. Gino, the owner gave me the job as soon as he saw me. He tried to shoot his shot, but I quickly shot him down. I didn't trust men, but I knew that I needed to make some quick cash. I still work there though, me and my cousin Deja.. After I finish school I'm done with that shit. Relocating sounded good right now.. I thought to myself as i got in my Honda Accord. I plugged my phone up to my aux card , put my seat belt on and drove off..

****

I walked into my apartment , and sat my book bag down by the door

I walked into my apartment , and sat my book bag down by the door. My phone started ringing ,I saw that it was My Deja calling..

"Hello"

"Bitchhhh.. what's sup? .. Did you hear about what happened last night at the club!" Deja said loudly, causing me to take the phone off my ear and put her on speaker.

"Bitch what happened, you know I was off last night" I said taking off my shoes, sitting on the couch.

"Girl... let me tell you... So last night..Me, Rasha, and Tip got called to VIP"...she said smacking her gum in my ear.

"Damn, I should've came to work last night..." I said laughing.

"Bitch , No.. I'm glad Yo ass stayed at home! When we got up there, all the Big time Drug dealers was in there."

"All of them?"

"Bitch yes.. We were having a good time until Some guy tried to force himself on Tip. Gi..rl we almost had to fight them niggas."

"Bitch hell nawl, where was Damion ? He suppose to be the top security guard in that motherfucker! He wasn't watching y'all?" I asked with an attitude.

"Nene you know Damion don't give a fuck, especially if you ain't giving him no pussy.."

"True, so what happened to Tip?"