Recover

Zay's POV

"Lexa don't do this, please ..."

"It's too late Zay!" She said shooting me..

Lexa pointed the gun at me and shot me twice in the chest.. Meech shot her in the head and her body dropped instantly..I collapsed ,Trill and Meech picked me up.. Blood started pouring out of my mouth... I felt my body getting cold..

Trill's POV

We picked Zay up and put him in the back of the truck.. Meech drove while I sat in the back putting pressure on his wounds..

"Let's get him to the hospital, he's loosing blood.."

"We 10 minutes away.. Hold on Zay, don't die on us man.." Meech said speeding through traffic..

"Zay... Keep your eyes open Man, don't die on me.. Your kids need you.. Man, I need you .. We family.."

"Tell Deja, I'm sorry and I love her.." he said closing his eyes..

We pulled up to the hospital rushing him inside, placing him on a stretcher..

"Sir , stand back please.. We will take him from here.." one of the nurses said, as they rushed him to the back..

*******

NeNe's POV

I was laying down watching tv when my phone started ringing.. I looked down and saw it was Trill calling me..

"Baby.. You sleep? Some shit went down tonight, We are at hospital.."

"What?! Are you okay?" I asked jumping up out the bed..

"Its not looking good ... It's Zay... He's in critical condition..." he said with sadness in his voice..

" Let me call Deja, I'm on my way.." I told him hanging up.

Deja's POV

"He's what?!" I asked NeNe..

"He's in the hospital.. I don't know the details.. I'm outside your house right now, come on let's go to the hospital.." NeNe said..

I grabbed my purse and went out to the door. When I got in the car, I knew something was wrong, and she wasn't telling me the full story..

"NeNe what happened? What's going on?"

"I'm sorry , but I don't know the details.. Trill said that they were at the hospital.."

****

She was driving so fast, we made it to the hospital in no time.. My heart was so heavy, i knew something wasn't right.. We walked in , and went to the ER waiting area.. I saw Trill and Meech pacing the floor..

"Where's Zay!" I asked....

"He's in surgery... The doctors are working on him now.. He was shot in the chest.." Trill said with sadness in his eyes..

I started screaming and crying... I was so mad.. I didn't want to lose him like this.. I hated him, but I never stopped loving him.. I still had feelings him that just wouldn't go away.. My heart was hurting, not only for me, but for Ava....

"Come on Dej sit down, here.." NeNe said giving me some Kleenex.

"Oh my god Ne.. What if he doesn't make it.. Ava won't get a chance to know her father.." I told NeNe crying on her shoulder..

"He is strong, he will pull through.." Meech said..

"He's a fighter Dej, don't cry.. He wouldn't want you crying.. Be strong for him.." Trill said patting my back..

*****

NeNe's POV

We been at the hospital all night, waiting to hear from the doctor.. Trill and Meech went downstairs to the cafeteria to get us some breakfast..

"You okay Dej?" I asked looking in her puffy eyes..

"Why would she shoot him? Damn, I guess she really wanted the both of us dead?..."Deja said..

"I know, it's fucked up.. I don't understand it either.. That bitch was just crazy! I just hope that he pulls through.."

"Me too.. I want Ava to know her daddy. You know what Ne, even though Zay put me through so much , I still love him.. I feel so stupid.."

"You're not stupid.. The heart wants what the heart wants.. Zay loved you too Dej, I guess he thought he was doing the right thing by staying with her.. When he should've just left her crazy ass alone.."I told her shaking my head..

******

Deja's POV

"Good morning I'm Dr.Marcell . Are you the Family of Zayvien Brooks ?"

"Yes.." We all said standing up...

"Well, Mr.Brooks lost a significant amount of blood... He's definitely a fighter.. We managed to remove the bullets but he's still having some trouble breathing, but he's stable.. We have him on the ventilator until he starts back breathing normally. He's in room 598, Please only two visitors at a time.."

"Thank you for everything Dr.Marcell.." Trill said shaking his hand..

"You're welcome.."

*****

Trill's POV

It was me and NeNe's turn to go in Zay's room. Meech went in first.. We thought it would be better if we let Deja go in by herself... We walked in and saw him hooked up to the machine, but he was alert..

"Damn cousin.....We thought we lost you... We been praying for you bro.. I don't want to keep you up, get some rest...I'm just glad you okay .."

"Yea Zay, we are glad you okay.. Thank god.. You had us scared.. Get some rest.. We'll be back to check on you, we gone let Deja come in.. See you later.."

He couldn't talk because of the tubes that were in his mouth.. He just close his eyes and nodded..

******

Deja's POV

I walked in Zay's room, and took a seat by the bed.. He looked at me and I grabbed his hand.. I felt him squeeze it back..

"Zay, I'm glad you're okay.. I thought that you was gone, and I wasn't going to see you again.. I want you to know that, I did have your baby. Her name is Ava Elise, she has your eyes and your smile.. I know we both made some mistakes, I hope that we can move forward and co parent for Ava...Maybe one day we could even be friends..." I told Zay , and he nodded..

Meech

Vote❤️Comment❤️

Vote❤️
Comment❤️

Excuse any errors..❤️