➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 4: DEAD END

chapter 4 ; DEAD END

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

There, exactly 10 meters ahead of him, stands a black-haired man holding a knife in his hand.

He has a light beige-pink surgical mask with a green tank top over a purple long sleeved shirt. A black eyepatch covers the left side of his well-defined face; blocks of the alleyways shadows checker over him, obscuring most of his face as he stands cloaked in the shadows.

But even underneath those shadows, he can see — the bloodthirsty, ferocious sensation in his pure silver orbs. No, this isn't the look of competitiveness — this look is a look of hostility he's never seen before. It's something different — something craving for blood. Something...

Something inhumane.

The pirate guy,  he suddenly remembers, Pokay, was his name? Or Poke?

"Oi, fuckface!" 6 yells out in his thick accent again, throwing his knife up from his left hand and catching it in his right. "I know you're hiding here! My phone told me so."

Hold on a second. . . isn't this the same guy who said not even a whole hour ago that this game was a sick scheme? 

Still grasping onto the hopes that maybe he read his diary wrong, and he'd actually walk away, just like those villains in the horror movies would do, Techno doesn't say a word. He refuses to give up his hiding spot.

6 begins to slowly creep closer. 

He can hear his footsteps slow down.

"Think you're smart or some shit, little fella?" He laughs out mockingly. "Hiding behind those old boxes there in the corner? I really hope my diary's wrong, 'cus I can't even bring myself to believe you'd hide there! Only a complete idiot would do that, hahaha!"

Well shit.

I'm fucked. I'm fucked and there's no way I can get out of this. There's no way I can. . .

. . . No, stop.

There is a way I can get out of this.

I have to fight him.

He closes his eyes one more time, sucking in a deep breath of air, as he devises a plan on the spot. He stands up.

"Okay, you got me, 6," Techno raises his hands and walks out of hiding, seeing the killer face to face.

" 'Course I got you, 1," 6 replies, his lips curling upwards in self-congratulation. The smug look in his hostile eyes only grow more distinct. "Huntin' shit is practically my job. I'm a certified pirate. Hiding from me woulda been no use, 'cus my diary tells my victims their exact location and whereabouts. And you, this so called 'strongest player', just happened to live right around the corner."

Another ridiculing chortle slithers out through his lips again, and he eyes Techno's figure up and down. "Strongest player my ass. You don't look like much of a hitman, ey? Takin' you on'll be a piece of cake."

He gestures his hand over at his slim build.

" . . and you could do for some of that," he adds, snickering at his own joke.