➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 20: knock fucking knock, joko

When you see the ///, play the music

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

Carson and Techno had spent the night resting — Well, at least, that's what they were meant to do. Techno hadn't been able to get some good sleep at all, and so instead he had stayed up all night, surviving on the last of the left over snacks and energy drinks from his bag.

It had surprised him how quickly Carson had trusted him, considering he couldn't even keep his eyes closed for more than a minute before his anxiety would hit him like a truck; or, perhaps, Carson hadn't slept either, and Technoblade just didn't take notice.

They spent the night camping out near the woods nearby the rocks, and they both agreed to take opposite sides so they wouldn't pull anything on each other. Not that it would have helped, anyway.

When Carson woke up, he found Techno already awake, carving random shapes into the bark of a tree with a small dagger. He noticed Techno's shirt was relatively clean — most likely because he had worn his spare T-Shirt.

"Hey Technoblade," He had greeted him, to which Techno had responded with a bland "Mornin'."

"Wait, holy shit dude. Did you always have that?"

"Have what? My skill for carving?"

"No, the knife. I could carve better."

"Oh, uh. Yeah. Don't you have a weapon?"

Carson had shaken his head at this, hence leading up to this very moment; Techno and Carson deciding to walk into town to purchase a weapon — And some more supplies, too. Since Techno had run out of sandwiches and chips. Also because Carson insisted on getting safety gear like fire-blankets and ropes.
As Techno walks beside Carson, he feels the warm yet comforting sunlight his the side of his face.

The sun was radiating from behind the upright buildings of town; soft, translucent clouds stood out well from being immersed in the cyan blue skies; the city was alive. And for what probably felt like the first time in the game— He felt free.

But.. This feeling isn't right.

However something about this moment didn't sit right in his stomach. And then he remembers; He remembers he had walked down the other end of town with somebody else.

Schlatt and Connor.

Is it right? To feel like this with somebody he just met? Is it right to move on?
No. I can't move on. But.. Why do I miss them? They betrayed me. So why; why do I miss them?
He looks away from Carson, wiping his eyes. 

"You okay?"

Techno snaps his eyes open and jerks around, only to find Carson looking at him genuinely. His hazel eyes are glimmering in the sunlight; a shine to his eyes that made him see the true and kind man he really is. 
"Oh, yeah. I'm fine."