➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 30: you stole my kill

[play the music for better effect :) ]

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

NUMBER 14 — CONNOR

Every single muscle in his body tenses stiffly; his blood runs cold as he takes quick, sharp breaths. His hands shoot to the front of his head, gripping tightly as his frontal lobe thumps like the force of a hammer pounding in nails. He opens his mouth to scream, but nothing comes out.

In the blink of an eye, the torturous pain stops ever so suddenly; panting, he drops back down.

WHAT JUST HAPPENED?

He sucks in a breath of air, closing his eyes as he tries to speak.

SCHLATT?

But he hears nothing come out his throat.
He involuntarily pushes himself up from the ground, and gets up on two feet.

WHAT?

He tries to lay back down. But he can't; Instead, he feels his legs pick up and shuffle quietly over the leaves to his backpack.

His fingers dig into the depths of his bag, hooking around a metal handgun. He smiles. But that's not what he's feeling.

I JUST WANT TO GO TO SLEEP.

He turns around, adjusting his grip on his pistol. With slow, swift steps, he spontaneously walks past some trees. He sees Schlatt resting beside a log.

He walks past Schlatt, heading towards the arch of trees where Technoblade is.

He feels his adrenaline rise drastically, pumping a rush of blood through his veins.

IS THIS A DREAM?

He swats a tree branch standing in his way, revealing a spacious area from within the bushes. He sees Technoblade lying down on the floor with his back facing him; Dark, crimson, dried blood is painted along the grass floor and his body.

He realises now, what is happening. He opens his mouth to scream, but nothing comes out.

NO, NO, NO. I DON'T WANT THIS. I DON'T WANT THIS.

He stops walking, and his shadow his towering over Techno's still body. He lowers the pistol in his hand, cocking the handgun as he aims it at Techno's forehead.

A grin crawls along the corners of his lips.

NO, STOP. PLEASE. STOP. I DON'T.. I DON'T WANT TO KILL MY FRIEND.

But before he's able to pull the trigger, he feels something cold slice along the back of his neck.

✧༺✖༻✧

TECHNOBLADE

His eyelids snap open, and he jerks around to see Connor standing in front of him with a pistol in hand. He crawls back, elbows on the ground with his sight is transfixed on Connor.

Half his body is hidden underneath the shadows of the trees surrounding them. His brown hair hangs over his face, and his eyes are glowing a crazed, cyan blue. Before Techno has the time to do anything, Connor's legs give out from beneath him. He falls, collapsing to his knees as he cranes his neck around. While it is dark, Techno can see rivers of blood spilling out from back of Connor's neck.

He looks up to see whose the victim of this, and sees an emerging, hooded figure stand from behind where Connor once stood.

He purses his lips.