➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 21: YOU'VE BEEN SCAMMED!

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

He covers his mouth to stop himself from screaming out. He can't follow him. He can't do it.

I can't kill them.

Hands shaking wildly as he covers them over his mouth, he slides down against the wall in a squat-like position. He feels the corners of his eyes begin to tear up; his voice muffled as he tries to listen. Carson yells something, followed by gunshots and more yells and cries from other voices.

His eyes frantically dart back and forth, and he finds a small crevice in the pillar. He turns around and peeks through the hole, watching.

There are 4 other boys standing there — Joko was one of them, emerged in a grey hoodie cloaked with dried blood at around the waist.

He's holding a gun in his hand, aiming it at Carson as he talks. Wilbur, from who he had recognised back at the Encounter, was also there; He had a guitar slung over his shoulder, and was leaning against a pillar with folded arms.

His heart rate quickens as he sees a boy's face.

It's Travis.

Behind Joko stands a feeble looking boy, who is unmistakably his former ally. It had been a week since he had seen him, but that week felt like years.

But something about Travis had felt off to him. The Travis he knew would be terrified out of his damned mind.

But Travis looks to be calm; His posture is tall and upright, and his face is stern with an unusual level of intimacy. He doesn't look scared, nor crazed. But rather, he looks calm, and collected.

He doesn't know what Joko could have done to Travis during this time, but it was enough to make him act like a real man fighting for survival.

And he's proud of him.

His focus averts to Carson, who is yelling and thrashing as somebody from behind him chokes him with an arm around his neck, stopping him from shooting.

That person is Schlatt— Whose aggressively fighting back against Carson's forces.

He wants to rush in and save them. He wants to help Carson.

But even after yelling at him that this was all a terrible decision, Carson hadn't listened. Instead, he was too caught up in his conflicting moral of vengeance.

But is it right? Wanting to avenge your friend, is it the right thing to do?

This game; This game had constantly played with the meaning of Life or Death with his very mind. Kill or be killed.

What was even the right thing to do anymore? What is even humane, anymore?

And that's what he hates most about it all — What is there left to believe in if the very thing you had believed in had turned against you?

✧༺✖༻✧ 

He perks his ears up in an attempt to listen to their conversation.

"—Let me go! You fucking bitchface!" Carson shrieks, elbowing Schlatt in the crotch. Schlatt yells a hoarse "Fuck!" before falling to his knees, releasing Carson from his grip. Carson gets his gun in his grip again, before firing poorly at Joko. The bullet completely misses, and that's when Wilbur springs into action.

He tackles him and pins him on the floor.

"Listen to him and lower your gun," He hisses at him, saliva seething from between his teeth, "Or else we're going to kill you."