➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16: four hours ago

A/N!
This chapter is a little different from the rest! For the first time, I'm putting in music! :D
I highly recommend reading the chapter with the music on, as I think it would set the mood.
anyways, enjoy. :)

chapter 16 ; four hours ago

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

"Auhghh,"

He holds his head to his hand, and sits up groggily. His vision is hazy and blurred, and he rubs his eyes fatiguely.

Man, that was... a weird dream.

He looks around and sees that Connor is still asleep. But Jschlatt's awake — In fact, he looks to have been up all night.

His eyes are bloodshot red as he's staring at the floor. He's sitting on a log beside a tree a few meters away, feet dug into the beach's sand.

"Oh, good morning, uh, Schlatt," Technoblade murmurs, still half asleep as he holds his hand to his head. His head feels funny — It feels as if he's gotten both a century's worth of sleep, but also none at all. His memories of last night are jumbled, for some reason.

"Morning," He hears Schlatt mumble from underneath his breath, eyes still locked on the sand below him.

"Are you okay?" He asks, crawling closer to Schlatt, "You look like you got no sleep."

And for the first time, Schlatt breaks his gaze; he stares at him hard with his glazed-over, glassy eyes.

"I could say the same thing to you," He finally says, wearisome dryness itching away through his voice. His expression is blank and monotonous.

"Nah dude, I had a great sleep," He semi-lies, taking a seat beside Schlatt. The cold morning air pricks at his skin, sending him a fresh tingle up his spine.

Schlatt looks away and opens his mouth, hesitating before speaking.

"Hey, Techno. Do you... trust me?"

He's taken a little aback by the question. In truth, he doesn't really know if he trusts him. But he's left with no other option.

"Well... Yeah," He recalls, "I mean, I had to put my faith in you that day we made the deal. And you sacrificed a gun to help me find my friend. I think that's something a trustworthy person would do, right?"

'Right' was right. At this point, Techno is really only trying to convince himself this. Was this the right choice to make? He doesn't know. He doesn't know if putting his faith in this man was a mistake, or a gift. Was it right?

He could only hope that it was.

"I—.. I guess so."

Techno pauses. "What makes you ask that, anyway?"