➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 15: un avant-goût de la France

chapter 15;  un avant-goût de la France

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

DIARY USER 12 — TRAVIS

The door is left slightly open, leaving a crack in the entrance to inside the lit-up bathroom. His room is illuminated by the dim glow of his bedside lamp.

He's lying on his bed, unable to sleep as he is watching from his covers he sees Joko slip inside the bathroom.

He can't see much, but he has a perfect view of Joko, who is staring at himself in the mirror with his hands gripped tightly around the ledges of the sink.

Slowly, Joko takes off his mask and turns on the sink; and for the first time Travis sees his face— in the reflection of the bathroom mirror.

Behind his mask is the face of a normal boy. A boy with wide, teary bright, blue eyes.

His scruffy hair is a blonde to pink ombre, his bangs matted over his forehead. He sees Joko's hand run down to his pocket, and pulls something out. Travis can't see what it is, but it looks like a note of some sort.

He unfolds the note as he clutches it tightly in his hands, staring at it for a minute. He covers his mouth with his hand.

It's silent, except for the sounds of running water pouring from the tap.

And then his shoulders start to shake.

He's crying.

Before Travis knows it, he sees Joko break down in quiet, pained sobs as he holds the note to his chest. He must have thought that the water would drown out his cries. But it doesn't.

Travis stays hushed and watches attentively, while Joko uses his right hand to splash water onto his face.

For the first time, Travis feels sorry for him; he's hit with a heartfelt wave of compassion and pity, despite him not knowing his situation. He wishes he could walk over to and comfort him. He wants to help— Do something, anything.

But he can't. He's too scared; too scared to even move. He doesn't know why he's scared of him— after all, he had saved his life. The least he can do is make him feel like he's not alone.

His train of thoughts is interrupted as a louder, raw wail escapes from Joko's mouth. The note is placed on the bench beside him now, and his hands are covering his wet and tear-stained face.

He cries for what Travis can only assume were a good 30 minutes.

✧༺✖༻✧ 

DIARY USER 13 — JOKO

"Jesus, how desperate is this guy?" He mutters, scrolling through the 20 missed calls from 'number 1' on Travis' phone.

It's the morning, and he's waiting outside the motel, leaning against the wall as he waits for Travis to finish packing. He had only booked the motel for 1 night, but it was enough time for him to gather his thoughts and plan out what to do for the day.

On the plus side, he also had an usual dream.

Or should I say, perhaps an unusual God Encounter?

Once he had gone to bed, he found himself sucked back into God's lair. Except he was the only one there.

He had been greeted with a "good evening" by God himself, before being sat down at a strange conference place. Beside God, was what he called, his 'assistant'.

Yimf, I think was his name. Odd guy. Almost seems too... sympathetic, to be a demon. If it weren't for the wings and silhouette, I'd be convinced he was real human for sure.