➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 7: allies

chapter 7 ; allies

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

He's been running for days; through streets, to towns, to houses. And right now, he's finding himself walking through a forest out in the middle of nowhere. Already he's eaten half of the food in his bag, and has downed a minimum of at least 3 water bottles (though, a few being refilled about twice at a public drink fountain).

He knows he has to start cracking down on his food rations sometime soon.

To his relief, he didn't need to fight anybody in those past 5 days ever since the Incident... aside from Sneeg.

Right, five days ago, as soon as the God Encounter was over, Techno was sent back into the real world. He had hoped that the re-encounter with God would've lasted a little longer so he could stall. But to his disappointment, it didn't. When he woke back up, he was in an immense amount of pain, and very quickly the reality of the situation came back to taunt him once again. There Sneeg collapsed on the ground as he regained his consciousness.

Techno used this time to quickly recover and escape. The keys to the motorbike Poke had used were luckily still inserted inside the vehicle's key hold. All he had to do was turn on the engine.

Considering it was his first time ever driving a motorbike, he didn't do too bad. He drove it pretty far away — far enough for Sneeg to never have a chance of catching up to him. That was, until he stuffed it up by crashing it, getting stuck in a giant lake of mud. He was fine, but the bike wasn't — the thing was completely busted after that.

He also discovered a new app God had downloaded on his phone — the statistics. When he opened it up later that day, he came across Sneeg and Poke's' stats:

Sneeg is:
Strength: 4.5/5
Intelligence: 3/5
Teamwork: 4/5

While Poke was:
Strength: 4/5
Intelligence: 2/5
Teamwork: 3/5

What had confused him the most though, was his own stats — according to them, he was ranked a 5 in strength. How the hell would a guy like him, whose never even punched a single punching bag, end up being a 5?

The vibrations of his phone buzzing knock him out of his train of recollective thoughts. Techno pulls it out, turning on the screen:

USER 13 HAS GRENADED USER 3.

USER 3 HAS REACHED A DEAD END.

He swallows as he reads the words on the screen.

"Second kill of the game," he murmurs out loud, letting the reality of it all sink in. Not even an entire week later, somebody else died. Somebody else who had a whole life ahead of them — somebody who went through so much, experienced so much, met so many people and lived an entirely different childhood.

Somebody who was human.

It's crazy, really, to think that this is all really real. The very concept of killing people to become God. Who's to say that this 'reward' is even legitimate?

Regardless of such, ever since his hand were dirtied by the grime of Poke's blood, he understood.

He understood now that this wasn't just a dream, or any game.

It was a fight of life or death. A fight to survive.

He's a murderer, now. That day when he killed Poke — that day that was only a reality five days ago — his life as he knew it changed. As the horrible truth unveiled itself to him, he's come to learn to accept that this new life he's been given is a life he needs to survive in. If he has to fight, then he will. He can't run away, not anymore.