➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 47: KILL ME. [ FINAL TWO ]

[ music is optional but recommended! also, PREP yourselves... ]

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

TECHNOBLADE

"So... that's what happened?"

Techno, mouth open wide, stares at Schlatt with his burning, bloodshot eyes. His voice shakes as he speaks.

"Yeah." Schlatt says, finishing his story. "And now here we are... In the final - fucking - remaining 2." He gulps at the last word, almost unable to believe himself.

Techno looks away, observing his surroundings — he finds himself sitting in front of a concrete pillar, noticing that they're both sitting downstairs in the same abandoned warehouse.
Just behind Schlatt, whose sitting in front of him, is a large broken window, revealing the view of the dawning sunrise.

He sucks a deep breath in, inhaling the morning air. "How long was I out for?"

"Almost 3 days, pretty sure."

"Heh?!"  he exclaims, baffled. "3 days?! What a scam! And you didn't kill me either? Why? You had the perfect chance to win!"

"I wanted to wait until you woke up!" Schlatt exclaims back frustratingly.

Techno zips his lips, pausing as the air grows heavy and silent. He stops, and for a moment his mind is completely empty, as he stares into Schlatt's chafed eyes.

"Schlatt," he mumbles, after a minute of silence. "I... Killed them."

Schlatt raises an eyebrow, scooting closer. "What?"

"I killed them." Techno repeats, glancing down at his hands. "I killed Poke, I killed Taylor. I killed Altrive, and I killed his friend, Ryan. And I was the reason Carson and... Joko.. died. And Travis. He died to save me, but what the fuck was it even for?"

His voice starts to break on edge as he cries, putting his head into his trembling hands; memories of murdering each of those boys play in his head: "I killed all these people. These people, who had lives — I killed them all. And I know it was all part of my master plan but I can't help feeling... Miserable."

Schlatt places a hand on Techno's shoulder to ease him of his soft cries. "Well, yeah.." he comments. "That's kinda the point of this fuckin' game, huh?"

"I didn't have to kill them!" Techno exclaims again. "But I did. I did, and I never felt a shred of remorse. Not until now. And brutal, man-murdering, blood-thirsting monster like me... Doesn't deserve to be God."

He sucks in a deep, shaky breath of air, looking up from his hands straight into Schlatt's hazel, glassy eyes. Does he really want to do this? Yes. Yes, he does.

"Schlatt. Today's your lucky day." he whispers, wrapping both his hands around Schlatt's new gun he has in his hand. "I'm letting you do it."

He jerks the front of the gun to his forehead, snatching it out of Schlatt's hands as he spits; "I'm letting you become God."

"What..?" Schlatt murmurs, struck by the words coming out from his friends mouth.

"Kill me." Techno smiles. "If you've ever been my friend, then do it. Kill me."