➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23: musicians and freedoms

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 23; musicians and freedoms
(PLEASE play the music this time. its super important in setting the mood!! and yes, I am a weeb)

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

JOKO

"You've just been scammed, you motherfucker."

Before he has the chance to say something, Connor comes zooming in out of nowhere, holding a grappling-hook gun and capturing Technoblade as he flies off.

"Schlatt! What are you thinking?" Wilbur exclaims, stumbling up, "What about the alliance?! Don't you know what you're putting yourself into?!"

"Alliance?" He looks at him, "What alliance? All I see are bunch of blood-thirsty monsters. I don't want an alliance with you. I want an alliance with my real friends."

He whips out his grappling hook, and aims it towards where Connor's is attached to.
Wilbur breaks off into a sprint, but Joko grabs his wrist before he can run. Wilbur spins around, bewildered at this.

"It's too late," He whispers, "He's chosen a different path. We can't change that."

"Get boofed!" Schlatt yells as he breaks away from the team, leaving the three alone under the bridge in the desolate night.

"No.." Wilbur stammers, "No.. But... The plan was flawless. I-If we had just stuck to the plan.."

Joko closes his eyes, and lets go of his grip from Wilbur's arm. He steps back beside the speechless Travis, whose expression is blank.

Wilbur falls to his knees, guitar falling from his shoulders.

"... What do we do now..?" Travis asks quietly. His voice shakes as he asks this, and immediately Joko can sense that he's hurt.

He would be too, if he were him.

He shuts his eyes tighter, as he feels his head ache. He slides his hand into his pocket, letting his fingers coil around a gun.

Schlatt and Connor have betrayed the team. A foolish move on their behalf, but it is what it is. It sucks, really. I really thought this alliance would last a little longer, and I kinda had hope that Wilbur's idea would push us to the top five. But now that won't work. We are now in a vulerable position.

"Travis," He asks him, "You know what would have happened if I never saved you that night, right?"

"... I'd be dead."

He opens his eyes and looks at him through his mask; Travis' dark brown eyes is locked on his.

"I knew you were going to die that night. And that's why I needed to save you. Something in my gut told me that you needed me. And you still do. You need me, Travis. If I'm not by your side, you're in danger."

Travis doesn't look away. Instead, he nods slowly as he whispers. "Thank you for protecting me, Joko."

He turns to look back at Wilbur, whose frozen in his spot. Joko takes a deep breath in an attempt to maintain a stern voice, and walks over to him.

"Schlatt and Connor turned on us, just like I predicted. The plan is scrapped. The alliance is broken."

God dammit. I'm sorry, Wilbur.

He raises his gun, using all his willpower to keep a steady hand.
"What..?" Wilbur murmurs, head hanging low with his back still facing toward him. Joko takes a few steps forward, hitting the muzzle of the gun against the back of his head.