➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 42: altrive

[ play music when you see /// ]

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

PLAYER NUMBER 15 — JSCHLATT

Seeing Ty fall had sent his heart tearing into a million pieces, making him scream out like he never has before. But seeing a spirit appear out of thin air, saving his fall with an unexplainable, magical blue aura, had sent himself falling into shock rather than an abyss. Typically, he'd be outraged by Techno — the audacity he has of letting him go, practically murdering him. But his anger is suppressed by the much greater emotion of both shock and relief.

The Spirit — or, one of 'God's Assistants' — begins to yell something at Ty. Everybody — Ryan, Techno, and even Schlatt — is frozen, eyes glued to the spirit above.

"Forget any of this has ever happened!" the spirit yells out with an urgent torment weaved in his voice. But Schlatt isn't able to see what happens next as his vision suddenly flashes a blinding white. A loud ringing sound erupts from the spirit, growing louder and louder until suddenly everything returns to normal. As Schlatt's eyes adjust, he vaguely sees the Spirit's body shatter into pieces, before disintegrating and becoming one with the wind.

Did he just sacrifice himself... To save Ty?

But why? Why would he do that? And isn't a spirit already dead? Where did he go? What happened to him?

But there's one thing Schlatt does know for sure — and that was that the spirit may have been the most selfless thing he'd ever seen.

"Ty..?" Schlatt hears a voice croak out from behind. He turns around, and sees Ryan in a crawl-position on the floor, murmuring. His entire face is pecked with scratches, blood and bruises.

Techno then whips back around, snapping out from his daze as his senses become alert again. Ryan notices this, and he quickly acts — grabbing his portal gun beside him, Ryan weakly shoots far away toward another mountain, and shoots a portal below him. He teleports away, both portals quickly closing again so no one could jump in. Techno growls, running over to Schlatt.

"Schlatt! Give me the elytra!" he snaps, but doesn't even wait for his response as he rips off the strapped wings from Schlatt. Schlatt is left speechless as Technoblade shoves on the Elytra, clipping the straps on, and leaps off the cliff's ledge.

✧༺✖༻✧

PLAYER NUMBER 9 — KRINIOS

As Ryan falls out the portal onto the hard gravel paving, the portal gun rolls out his grip a few meters away. He tries to crawl back up to stand. But he can't, because his legs give way from underneath.

Crap, crap, crap, crap, crap.

His heart races, pounding hard in his chest with stress and pressure. He preps his knees as he starts to desperately crawl towards the gun. His clouded mind spins; swirls of too many mixed thoughts and feelings thump in his head, stopping him from being able to properly focus.

A few feet away from the gun, he reaches out his arm — until the gun is suddenly kicked away.

Ryan looks up and swallows. It's Techno, with a pair of enormous wings strapped over his back. How did he manage to get here so fast?

A foul grin slowly appears on his face.

"You think you could have gotten away with that?" he snarls, kicking the heel of his shoe onto Ryan's wrist. He yelps out, making him stop. "I'm not done with you yet, Number 9."