➸ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26: PREPARE TO DIE, NERDSSS!

✧༝┉┉┉┉˚*❋ ❋ ❋*˚┉┉┉┉༝✧

PLAYER NUMBER 10— ALTRIVE

Ryan pulls out his phone casually, reading the message.

"Huh, someone's within a 1 kilometre radius from us."

He turns around to look at Altrive in the eye, whose still sitting against the wall. His eyes are wide open, not being able to be taken off the dead policeman. His entire body is shaking, and he's biting his tongue to stop his gag reflex.

How can he act so normal when there's literally a dead body in front of him?!

Killing Sneeg was way different from this. While it was only a shot in the head, it was nowhere near are gruesome as this. Even though he didn't know the man, he feels a nagging ache in his heart.

He probably had a family and kids. And he just killed himself.

That was no accident. Something came over him. That was not him, there was no way.

His arms are trembling, and his throat feels tight.

".. Altrive?" Ryan asks him, bending down to look at his friend face-to-face, "Are you okay?"

He can't talk; Instead, he lifts a feeble arm, pointing at the man with a violently quivering arm.

"Oh, good point. We should get out of here before the other policemen find us and we get framed. C'mon."

He grabs his wrist to pull him up, ignoring his sweaty palm. Altrive manages to stumble up with shaking legs.
"D-D-D... D—Dead.." He stammers out, his fingers clasping even more tightly around his mouth. Ryan tugs his arm, as they stealthily run out from the alleyway.

One of the police guards notice them, and he points at them, yelling to signal the other policemen. The girl from before is also watching this happen, with a shocked expression on her face.

"Hey, where do you boys think you're going?!"

"Crap!" Ryan exclaims, and he sees a motorbike belonging to one of the COPS in the distance. With swift feet, he runs over to the vehicle, still holding Altrive's wrist. Luckily, the keys are still inserted, and he hops onto it, ushering Altrive to climb on behind him as he ignores the yelling policemen.

"Start, start, start, you stupid piece of—"

He twists the clutch leaver, and suddenly the motorbike kicks into ignition. Altrive wraps his arms around Ryan's waist, squeezing him while the bike accelerates.

He turns a corner of the street, while looking at the rearview mirror — two police cars are trailing them.

"H-H-He's.. D-Dea...Dead," Altrive stammers, "I.. I.. I can't b— Breathe!"

"Altrive, calm down!" Ryan snaps, "Everything's fine, alright? Yeah, he's dead, so what? If you don't want to end up like him, then stay alert!"

The police sirens begin to whirr, blasting through the suburbs. Ryan tightens his grip on the handle bars as he accelerates faster.

"There's a gun in my backpack!" Ryan yells to him, "Get it out and shoot them!"

Altrive's mind is spinning, and he feels a wave of nausea upon him.

A man just killed himself in front of us. How can you act so.. Normal?!

He closes his eyes. He takes a deep breath.
Breathe in. 1... 2... 3... Breathe out. 1... 2... 3...

He loosens his grip a little around his waist, and takes another deep breath before exhaling deeply. He clears his mind as he calms himself down, reminding himself: