Chapter Six: Celebration - Promotion

Lucy's POV

All the way home, all I could think about is call Niall as soon as I get there! I had an unusually great day at work and I'm so excited about the good news that I can't wait to tell Niall! He's always been so supportive and I'm happy that I finally achieved something on my own.

'Hello?' I ask entering my house that wasn't unlocked as I left it when got out this morning.

Niall's laugh coming from the kitchen immediately relaxes me. For a second I thought someone broke in.

'Niall? What are you doing here? How did you get in?' I ask walking towards the kitchen. 'Jamie? What are you doing here?'

'I let him in.' She says casually.

'Yeah I forgot something here and I knew she had a spare key so I called her.'

I watch as the two are eating my food so comfortable as it's their own home. Sure it's amusing, but still, have some respect for my privacy! Yeah okay, maybe privacy doesn't apply to those two.

'I hope you're planning on restocking what you just devoured.' I tease them.

'Actually I was hoping we go grocery shopping together! We haven't done that since our trip to Wales.' Niall suggests.

'Aww aren't you two adorable!! You're already like an old married couple! Who the fuck looks forward grocery shopping? It's boring and annoying! I have mine delivered so I wouldn't have to go out!' Jamie comments.

'Mock us as much as you want, as long as you do the dishes after you're done! Seriously? How long have you been here? The sink is disgusting! It was clean when I left this morning! You know what? Get out of my kitchen!' I kick them out to the living room.

Jamie unbothered lays down on the sofa and turns on the tv. It doesn't surprise me since we used to live together. But Niall who, instead of following her, put some music on and start doing the dishes leaves me speechless.

'Niall, you don't have to. I was gonna do that!'

'It's okay, I always do mine at home. I get the frustration. I was actually thinking about doing them but you came back before I could.'

'What are you doing hanging out with Jamie anyway?'

'Aww, are you jealous?'

'Of you and Jamie? Please! You're not her type. More like worried she'll teach you some bad habits.'

He laughs and then asks, 'You seem happier. Consider you're coming home from work. Usually, you're neutral at best. Something happened?'

'Yeah! I got promoted!' I say with a mouthful of chocolate right from the jar that was sitting on the counter.

'Oh my god! Congratulations! I'm so proud of you!!' He cheers, quickly rinsing and drying his hands before hugging me so tightly that he lifts me off the ground for a bit.

'What happened? What did I miss?' Jamie comes running.

'She got promoted at work!' Niall says almost sounding like a typical proud parent.

'At that job you hate so much? Yayy!' She replies sarcastically.

'I never said I hate it! I just... I don't know, it is what it is. A job. But even so! It's an achievement and I did it on my own! So I'm happy.'