6.4 - Celebration - Football

Niall's POV

We get into the car after finishing the tour of the house.

'Where do you want me to drop you?' I hesitantly ask her as I start driving.

'Oh, I thought we're going back to your place...'

'Well, we can... but I sort of promised Deo we'd watch the game together. And a group of our mates will be there too.'

'What game?'

'Football? Champions League.'

'Oh!! I can watch that with you guys! If you don't mind...'

'No! Of course not!! But are you sure? It's not too crowded for your liking?'

'They'll be too focused on the game. Plus I don't have to hang out with you all the time. I could even cook you guys something.'

'Ooh, you don't want to do that! There's a strict junk food and beer policy going during those games!' I laugh.

'Fine, then if I get bored I can watch something on the tv in your room. I just don't want to go back home and be alone.'

'Are you okay? Do you need to talk? We could stay out if you need to. They can watch the game without me.'

'No, it's fine. Watch the game with them. I'll just be... around. I'm okay I just don't feel like being alone right now.'

'Are you sure?'

'Yeah. Plus your friends would like me more if I watched the game with you guys! I kinda like football too!'

'You say that as if they don't like you already.'

'I mean they think I'm reserved, not social, too calm and shy... not that interesting. Plus Deo for some reason hates me.'

'What? Where are you getting all this from? That is so not true!'

'It's okay, I'm used to it! Everyone that doesn't know me thinks like that. I'm used to it. It's nothing new.'

'Okay, maybe. But doesn't justify why you think Deo hates you! Did he say something to you? Was he mean to you?'

'No, not at all. But he never really tried to talk to me and get to know me. Like the others were polite and the girls asked me questions during that Christmas dinner. But Deo stayed in his corner, socializing with everyone but me.'

'Ugh Deo! I'll talk to him.'

'Niall it's fine. It's not necessary! I'm just curious to know why? Is it just that he's overprotective of you and doesn't think I'm good enough for you? Or is it actually personal?'

'It's not personal at all. He's just an eejit. I'll talk to him.'

'It's okay. You don't have to.'

'Yes, I do! Because he needs to accept that you're here to stay and that this is real and serious. There's nothing he can do about that! And as my cousin and best friend, he is obligated to give you a chance and at least try to get to know you.'

'There's nothing I can do to convince you not to talk to him, is there?'

'No, not really.'

'Alright... sorry...' She mumbles.

'No! I'm sorry! He shouldn't treat you like that. And that's on me and I'll fix it.'

'If you really need to.'