8.4 - Fall - Again

Lucy's POV

'You should be resting. You shouldn't be putting so much effort.' Niall tells me as I walk on my crutches through my favourite park at home. The weather is just so perfect, cold breeze and a shining sun.

'I got bored at home. I wanted to go out.'

'Yeah, but we could've gone somewhere that doesn't involve so much walking.'

'I'm okay Niall. I wanna show you around.'

'Darling, we have all the time in the world for you to show me around. After your leg heels.'

I don't listen to him and hand him my crutches as I hold myself up on him to sit down on the ground near the small pond. He helps me and then sits next to me wrapping his arm around my back. I instinctively rest my head on his shoulder and sigh.

'Isn't it beautiful here? So peaceful.'

'There's barely anyone here.'

'Exactly!' I laugh. 'You know... I've had my first kiss somewhere around there.' I say pointing at a bunch of trees.

'Fascinating!' He says sarcastically.

'Awww! Don't be jealous! It wasn't that good anyway. You're a much better kisser.'

'Am I?'

'I don't know. It's been a while I might need some reminder.' I tease.

He laughs and then puts a finger under my chin, guiding my lips to his, the smile never leaving his face. 

'Look. We need to talk about the obvious. It's been three days since the accident. I'm back home, to my parents' house I mean. You're still here. Never leaving my side. Barely sleeping at night just so that you could watch over me. I know what you're thinking. You didn't ask, I don't know, maybe you're afraid of the answer. But I promise you, it was an accident. Yes, I've thought a million times before about lingering while crossing the road hoping a car would run me over. But this isn't what happened. I promise it was a genuine accident. So you don't have to worry about me or my mental health. I'm doing much better. Not because I love you, and you came into my life and saved it. But because I just simply feel more full, loved, cared for, special for some people. Sure my friends do all that for me and I deeply appreciate that. But when you fall in love... It's different. I felt dead inside for so long. I stopped seeing the colours in life. I stopped hoping that things will get any better. But then I found you. And I fell for you. Falling in love with you is the best thing that could've happened to me. It wasn't easy to accept. It still isn't. Sometimes, it still fucking terrifies me. To be so dependent and attached to someone. To have someone that is both the poison and the cure. And I mean that in the best way possible. Falling in love is the scariest shit I've been through. But I'd rather be scared and be with you than be alone and not feel a thing.'

'I can't promise you that I'll ever stop worrying about you. I can't promise I could ever shake that feeling that I could lose you. But I can promise you to always be there for you. I will keep doing everything to make you feel happy, safe, cared for and loved. I'm so glad that you're feeling better. You can't imagine how good it feels to know that I'm helping in any way. I'm sorry if I suffocate you too much sometimes. I'm sorry if I treat you like a little fragile thing. I know it tends to piss you off. But it's just coming from a place of love. I love you so much. I truly mean it.'