Epilogue

Dear reader,

I've gone through a lot of emotional and mental ups and downs while writing this book. And at times I might've not been as strong and resilient as Lucy is. I really wanted to write this book and talk about those topics because I don't think it's done often enough. And I do realise that the message might be misunderstood. That you might think that I mean a person needs love and a boyfriend or a girlfriend in order to help them through their tough times. The thing is, it's not as simple or straightforward as that. The people we meet aren't always the right people, they aren't always as supportive or understanding as they should be. Some might try to help, even if they don't know how to. That is very appreciated, but sometimes not enough. So most of the time, you'd be left to face it alone.  And you'd have to make yourself strong enough to face it when it's tearing you apart from the inside. It's one of the most difficult things to do. I realise that. So I guess, the message or the reason behind this book is to let you know that you're not alone.

I don't know about you, but I think there's comfort in knowing that there are other people you know nothing about it going through the same emotions and feelings and hardships as you. It makes you feel more... normal? I don't like using that word. Each one of us is unique and we should embrace our inner weirdness and everything that makes us us. But I also do understand feeling left out, feeling so different from everyone else around me, not having someone to bond with over certain specific topics. So maybe through reading this book, even for a little short while, you'll have that bond. That comfort that someone else knows and understands how you feel. And hopefully maybe even inspire you to help yourself in any way you can. If Lucy can do it, if she can get out of depression or even find a little light through it, then so can you.

One last thing before I end this letter. I just wanted to share a few lessons that I learned. Although I do believe that we don't learn anything unless we go through it ourselves. Or I don't know, that's how I work at least. It's really hard to trust people, and for the most part, we shouldn't. But if you got people around you, family, friends, loved ones in general, who truly love you and support you no matter what, you shouldn't keep your walls that high around them and keep them out. And you shouldn't stop yourself and stop them from helping you. There's nothing wrong with wanting help and support. There's nothing wrong with leaning on people. As long as you know they're really there for you. It's okay. It's okay if you're not okay, you don't have to be. But it would be preferable if you don't deny their help and support. They love you, they want what's best for you, granted their version of what's best for you might not be accurate and you don't have to do what they say, but my point is, don't be afraid to let them in, and don't be afraid to take in their love and support. Just don't shut yourself out from the people that actually matter. 

But you don't have to listen to me, I'm just a person who went through their own experiences. Each to their own. 

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the book, hope you related to the characters, and felt more understood and less alone.

Please do take care of yourself. You are loved and cared for even if you don't believe it. It's true. Stay strong, stay hopeful. Laugh with your friends and loved one. Enjoy life, even through the worst thunderstorms.

With all my love,
Ines. xX