8.3 - Fall - Down

Lucy's POV

'So you really thought you can waltz back in here and me not know about it or us not hanging out? I'm driving by your house soon. You better be ready. We're going out just like old times. Be there in 20.'

I read the text sighing because I'm too lazy to get dressed and fix my hair a little. But I smile at the same time too because I miss my best friend Joey. He's the only friend from here who has really stuck around after I moved to London.

So I make the effort and get ready in time for him to pick me up. He meets me at my front door and hugs me so tightly that my ribs almost broke.

'What the fuck are you doing in this hell hole?'

'Running away?'

'Why did I expect you to say that?'

'Because you know me too well.'

'Come on, you'll tell me on the way.'

'Where are we going?'

'I'm ashamed you even have to ask!'

'No I mean are we doing a movie first or have lunch at the diner first?'

'Oh! It's up to you really!'

'Ugh seriously! It's been years and you still haven't changed that habit?'

'Nope. And never will. So pick. The movie first or eat first?'

'Well if you don't change then I won't either.'

'Movie first cause if you have lunch you'll be too full to eat popcorn?'

'Exactly!'

He modifies the destination on car's maps system and continues driving. I get into my story. He's heard about me meeting Niall but he doesn't know everything. So I catch him up on all down to why I'm hiding out here.

'Yeah fair enough.'
'Seriously? Everything I just said and all you found to say is "fair enough."'

'I mean... I don't know what to say. If you need space to figure out your feelings for him, that's fair. But if you ask me, he's really in love with you. And it's not like you don't like him. You do. You maybe even love him. Just give it time.'

'What will time to? If I'm not in love with him now, what makes you think that it'll change later?'

'Who says you're not in love with him? You keep doubting yourself and denying your feelings. There's nothing wrong with having feelings. Like I get you always need to be in control of everything, but this is not something you could ever control. So quit trying and let things flow! He loves you and you love him. He spent months going out of his way to make you happy. Even if at some point it was for different reasons. But it's still valid ones. Stop trying to put yourself in misery. Stop running away from the possibility of being happy. I know deep down you think that you don't deserve to be happy but that is so not fucking true! So for fuck's sake! Once we're done hanging out, go to London and get your man!'

'Fine! I'll go back to London! If it means that much to you!'

That day, I go back to my parents' house convinced that I'm being ridiculous and that I need to go back home to Niall. But I have some errands to run first. I'll finish them tomorrow morning and then I could be back home by tomorrow night or the morning after that at the latest.