Chapter One- The Story Begins

Eight years later...

Fifteen year old Leafy rushed around to pack her bags. She frantically shoved a bunch of clothes in her bag and shot down the stairs. She had been given the opportunity to go to a boarding school for free. It hadn't sounded interesting, but Leafy's mom told her that there was going to be a prize if they won top student at the school- an island or something. Plus, Firey was going! Leafy felt dizzy with excitement. She was going to be spending an entire year with her best friend!  

"Leafy!" her mom rushed into her room and gave Leafy a big hug. She had the same green hair as Leafy, but instead of having messy hair like Leafy, she had a neat braid running down her back. Her emerald eyes shone with excitement. "I'm going to miss you so much! Please, dear, eat some more breakfast before you go."

"Alright! Your pancakes are the best!" Leafy plopped into her chair and started snarfing them down. Her dad walked into the room as well. He had pine-colored hair instead of Leafy's lemon-leaf color, and dark green eyes. He rumpled Leafy's hair.

"My little girl is growing up so fast!" he said, "I'm sure going to miss you, Leafy, but I hope you have an excellent time! This golden opportunity could help you with your future career!" 

"Thanks, dad!" she smiled, but felt sad as well that she had to leave her parents. One year was a really long time. She didn't know if she could go that long without seeing her parents. She looked at the clock. "OH MY GOODNESS!!!! IT'S ALREADY EIGHT!!" Leafy grabbed her luggage and rushed towards the door just as the doorbell rang. 

Leafy's mom opened to door to see a girl with red hair and silver eyes smiling there.

"Hi, Pin!" Leafy greeted. 

"Hi, Leafy! Hi, Mrs.Leaf!" Pin said. Pin's mom came up to the door as well. Her red hair was down, unlike her daughter's ponytail, and her eyes glittered with energy.

"Hello, Leaf!" Pin's mom greeted to Leafy's mom.

"Good morning, Tack!" Leaf said as Tack helped her daughter carry Leafy's bag. "Thanks for agreeing to drive Leafy there."

"No problem." Tack said as Pin and Leafy climbed into the backseat.

"Bye, mom!" Leafy waved to her mom until she was out of sight. Then she stuck her head back into the car and looked forward towards the road. Time to find out what this boarding school really is about.