Chapter Eighteen- Challenge

"Golf Ball! My baby, what happened to you?!" Basketball gasped as she inspected Golf Ball's cheek, which was swollen slightly.

"I'm fine!" Golf Ball pouted.

Basketball had known Golf Ball since she was two. She didn't know what caused her to be like this, but she felt like she didn't just have to take the role of Golf Ball's friend, but also her mother. 

"This girl named Pencil slapped Golf Ball in the mouth." Tennis Ball told her as he tried to give Golf Ball back the ice back while she swatted his hand away.

"How dare-" Basketball stood up. She needed to beat those two girls to death for hurting her child.

"B-basketball!" Tennis Ball yelped, perhaps seeing the murder in her eyes, "It's fine! Don't go after them! This girl named Leafy already beat them up!"

"Wait, what?" Basketball asked. "Leafy?"

"The green haired girl." Golf Ball informed.

"Oh, the one who was kissing the fire boy yesterday?" Basketball asked.

"Yeah." Golf Ball replied.

"Did she get in trouble?" Basketball asked, "For going against the no violence rule?"

"Well, Match and Pencil got in trouble for making fun of Golf Ball and also, the slap. But Leafy got away with it because she was defending another student."

"How did she beat them up? Did she get injured?" Basketball asked eagerly. 

"Um, she hit one in the head and kicked the other in the stomach, knocking them both out on her first strikes."

"Woah, she's good!" Basketball stood up, feeling excited. A girl that strong? She had to challenge her!

Tennis Ball must have saw the look in her eyes, because he told her: "I don't think you can win this one."

"Gee, how come you're so good at reading other people's expressions?" Basketball asked, and Tennis Ball laughed.

"Okay, whatever, you can go challenge her. Just let me say 'I told you so' when you come back in defeat!"

"You won't!" Basketball called as she ran out of the lobby, "Because I'm going to WIN!"

Basketball ran around in a frenzy. Where was Leafy? She decided to check the gardens. Sure enough, Leafy was there, eating a muffin with the red haired girl and fire boy.

"I challenge you to a fight!" Basketball declared, stopping in front of Leafy.

"Wait, wha-" the boy began, but Leafy stood up.

"Challenge accepted." Leafy told her.

"Okay, bring it on!" Basketball shouted. 

Leafy was up to her ear and she looked thinner. Basketball didn't think Leafy would be able to defeat her.

Basketball punched towards Leafy's face, but Leafy wasn't there. She only just managed to block Leafy's strike from behind, and that still knocked her back a few steps.

"Woah, how are you so good?" Basketball marveled.

"Practice." Leafy said, and the last thing she saw was Leafy's foot slam into her stomach.

...

"See, I told you so." 

Basketball woke up to see Tennis Ball's face hovering above her.

"I knew you couldn't beat her." Tennis Ball teased.

"Aw, shut up." Basketball said affectionately, "What happened?" She sat up, surprised that her stomach didn't even ache.

"When I got there, you were crumbled on the floor, and Leafy was putting something in your mouth. She explained that it was a medicine her mom made that cured aches and stiff muscles."

"Woah, she's good!" Basketball said again, "How... did she get so good?"

"I asked her that as well, since I've never seen anyone beat you before, even adults. She said that she was taught by Tack."

"TACK?!?!?!?!?!" Basketball shouted, "HOW DID SHE-"

"The red girl's mom is Tack, she is best friends with Leafy's mom." Golf Ball said. Basketball noticed that the bruise was gone.

"Leafy gave some the the medicine, too." Golf Ball said, "You were right, Basketball, she is nice."

Basketball rubbed her stomach, smiling. "Powerful, too."