Chapter Five- Dormitories

"It's not every day we go rescue your boyfriend from a bunch of boys holding water buckets." Pin laughed as the three friends walked back towards the lobby.

"H-hey!" Leafy stammered, "Firey's not my boyfriend!"

"Yeah, we're just friends!" Firey added.

Huh. For some reason, Leafy felt a little stung. Just friends? Not best friends? And why was she hoping that Firey would argue that he was Leafy's boyfriend- Leafy blocked that thought from her head. That didn't mean anything.

"Ow... sheesh." Firey complained, rubbing his arm. "I hate being a fire elementalist! It's so stupid that water hurts me so easily!"

"But fire hurts us as easily as you get hurt by water." Pin pointed out.

"Ha ha, I guess you're right... thanks, Pin." Firey patted Pin on the arm and she patted his shoulder in return. Leafy felt a stab of jealousy, then immediately felt bad. What was up with her?

Listen, all students! Please report to the lobby and line up to get your schedules and dormitories! An announcement rang over the loudspeaker.

Lots of last minute hugs and goodbyes where distributed from the parents as they left the campus. Now the lobby consisted of only the students staying at the school.

"Line up here." A lady wearing a uniform called out to all the students. They awkwardly shuffled into line, stepping on each other's toes.

"OW, YOU IDIOT!" a girl screamed as Pin trodded over her toes.

"Ouch!" a boy cried as another elbowed him in the stomach.

"Geez, what is up with you?!" a girl questioned angrily as a boy hit her arm with his jacket.

"STOP FIGHTING!" the uniform lady yelled angrily.

Everyone snapped back into attention.

"Very good." she said. "After you get your envelopes, go up to your dorms and drop off your stuff. After that, you may explore the area and meet up here in the lobby tomorrow morning at 10:00."

Leafy, Pin, and Firey waited until they were finally called up. The lady handed them each an envelope with their schedule and rules.

"My dorm is #555!" Firey said. "Huh, all fives. Weird."

"I got #444!" Pin exclaimed. "All fours!"

"I got #444, too!" Leafy screamed.

"Aw, yeah!" Pin cried gleefully, "Though it's sad that Firey won't be here."

"Nah, it's fine." Firey said. "What class do you have? I have Announcer as a teacher!"

"Hey, yeah, me too!" Leafy said.

"So do I!" Pin said as she looked over her schedule. "Firey, Leafy and I are gonna go check out at our dorms. See you at lunch?" 

"Alright." Firey agreed. "See you there!"

Leafy and Pin ran out of the lobby, following the signs to the elevator. They got in and pushed the Fourth floor button. After a while, the elevator stopped. and the girls ran to room 44 on the fourth floor. 

"Gee, so many fours!" Pin said as she unlocked the door with her card that was inside her envelope. "Oh-sweet!"

The girls stared at their hotel room, which was more of a suite. There were two king size canopy beds in middle of the room, with two desks for writing and drawing. The shower was more like a swimming pool and there was even a TV in the bathroom! The color theme was green and red, which was interesting since Pin liked red and Leafy liked green. How did they know?

The window gave a view of the garden. There were so many flowers that Leafy lost count, with bubbling fountains and several koi ponds. There were gazebos under some willow trees where the students could eat lunch.

"This is great!" Leafy said happily, "I love this place already!"

"Me, too." Pin agreed. 

The school did seem nice- but neither Pin nor Leafy noticed the shadow of a girl who looked just like Leafy watching them with her glowing red eyes.