Chapter Twenty-Six- Needle

Coiny didn't know exactly why Firey didn't come to the dorm last night, but he knew it had something to do with his power. He sighed as he finished up his breakfast burrito and looked at the clock. It was nine. Still one hour before class starts. Last time, it had been so brutal. He didn't know how Firey killed fifty-nine monsters. FIFTY-NINE! 

Coiny shook his head in disbelief. How was that even possible? Was Firey really that powerful? So was offending him... a bad move?

...

Report to your classes, now! Four's voice came out of the loudspeakers. Coiny was in the gardens at the time, and he looked down at his watch in a panic. It was already 9:55. Coiny dashed towards his classroom as fast as he could. He darted past two large koi ponds, one in the shape of an x, and one in the shape of a four. He brushed past four large multi-colored rose bushes and startled a hummingbird that was flying around an orange tree.

The diamond encrusted path turned into emeralds as he kept running. He stopped suddenly. This wasn't where he came from! Coiny looked around frantically. The lobby was in the distance in front of him, but he didn't remember this path existing! 

The road turned from emeralds to sapphires as he kept going, and then to rubies. He knew the path that led to the lobby was made of gold, but he didn't see the road anywhere! The map said that it was the only way to the lobby. The map! He reached into his pocket for the map, but his blood ran cold when he realized that it wasn't there.

"Are you lost?" a voice asked from behind him.

Coiny turned around. It was a girl with long silver hair in a ponytail, and she wore a tank top. 

"Yeah." Coiny admitted.

"Don't worry, I have a map." she said, and showed him the paper in her hands.

"Oh, so we're on this path?" Coiny asked in disbelief, pointing at a small red line on the map, interlocking with hundreds of other lines of all different colors, "I didn't even know this existed!"

"Yeah, it's hard to remember all of these, right, Coiny?"

"Wait, how did you know that my name is Coiny?" he asked.

"We were in the same first grade, remember?" she answered.

"Uh... who are you again?"

She looked sad. "I'm Needle!"

"Oh right!" Coiny said in a hurry, "Sorry! I do remember now, I just forgot-"

Needle shook her head. "It's okay." she said, "Not many people remember me. Anyway, we better get going. Only one minute left."

"Oh, right!" Coiny said. They ran all the way as fast as they could, and managed to use the confusing map, to the lobby.

"Thanks!" Coiny gasped, out of breath, "You saved me! I have to repay you in some way!"

Needle looked at him curiously. "Anything?"

The tone of her voice scared Coiny. 

"Uh, actually, later! We should get going!" Coiny yelped.

"Oh, right!" Needle gasped, as if she was snapping out of a trance. The two of them ran towards their door, just as it was about to close. Coiny realized that Needle was in his class.

But then Pin popped into his head. Needle... and Pin.