Chapter Forty-Six- The Sixth Contest Part One

"There are going to be three sections." Announcer continued, not paying attention to Flower's outburst.

"I'll split you guys into four teams of five. For the first section, you'll be in a roller coaster styled car. One person will be in charge of the speed and the brakes. Then there will be one person in charge of each wheel. Right after you complete the first one, get into the next car as quickly as you can. 

"That car will be shaped like a sideways roller skate, with all of you sitting in a horizontal row next to each other. Each person will control a different wheel, but you'll have to figure out which wheel you control. It could be the wheel under you that you're controlling or a wheel under someone else's seat. Try to figure out as quickly as possible. The brakes and speed are staying the same, and that will be placed in the center. There are also four wheels on the car.

"After that, the next car is like a roller skate with six wheels. You'll have to figure out which and how many wheels you control. You might control one. You might control all. You might control several. Or you might none. Also, the speed and brakes switch every five seconds. You'll have to keep track of which is which since there will be no differences after the switches. The person controlling the speed and brakes will be in the back, so they can't see what's going on. You'll have to tell them!"

"What in the world?!" Match hollered.

"If you finish the first section first, you'll get ten points. If you finish the second section first, you'll get twenty points. If you finish the third section first, you'll get fifty points."

"Fifty points?! That I've gotta get!" Snowball said with relish.

"Also, if you get first in all of the contests, you'll get a hundred a piece."

"A HUNDRED POINTS?!?!" Golf Ball shrieked, "OH MY PO I'LL GET A HUGE ADVANTAGE!"

"A PIECE?!" Match yelled at the same time, "WE'RE NOT OBJECTS!"

"Whatever." Announcer said. "So, here are the teams..."

"I hope I get a good team!" Firey said.

"Team One: Firey, Snowball, Golf Ball, Leafy, and Blocky."

"Not bad!" Blocky cheered, "Well, except for the Bossy Bot."

Golf Ball glared at him.

"Team Two: Tennis Ball, Pin, Bubble, Eraser, and Pen."

"Not bad, too." Eraser murmured.

"Team Three: Ice Cube, Needle, Flower, Tear Drop, and Coiny."

"Team Four: Match, Pencil, Spongy, Rocky, and Woody."

"What in the name of matchstick factories?! Who's picking these teams?!" Match complained.

"Uh, it's random." Announcer said.

"It doesn't seem so." Pencil muttered.

"Okay, anyway, get into your team derby carts, people!"

Everyone shuffled in.

"Okay, begin!"

Leafy was in charge of the back left wheel. Firey sat across from her, with Blocky in front and Snowball diagonal. Golf Ball sat at the head of the cart as the speed and brake controller, which Snowball didn't seem too happy about.

"Okay, guys, if you want to win, listen to me!" Golf Ball called out.

"I'd rather not!" Snowball argued.

"C'mon guys, give it a shot. Golf Ball might know stuff!" Leafy said.

Golf Ball scowled. "I don't 'might know stuff,' I do know stuff!"