Chapter Sixty-Eight- Helpless

"I'm going to destroy you, once and for all!" Firey screamed. He felt the most power in days, and his tiredness seeming to fade, probably from being in close proximity from his crystal.

"Really? Lame." Shadow answered, her form still his grandma's.

"DID YOU KILL MY GRANDMA? WAS IT YOU?" Firey screamed.

"Oh, of course." Shadow said dismissively, "I couldn't let her tell you the cavern's location, could I? Oh, not until you're as weak as you are now."

"You planned all this." Firey realized. Every single thing. Kidnapping Leafy's parents. Distracting Four by a fake phone call when he was about to tell Firey everything. The headaches. Leafy's nightmares. Flame and the Elder's murders. And his breakup with Leafy...

It was horrifying how much the Shadow had affected his and Leafy's lives.

"I will beat you." Firey insisted.

"Easier said than done, loser." Shadow sneered. Firey felt a twinge of pain. It was so much worse, seeing his grandmother calling him these names. Especially when she's now dead.

"What, seeing your grandmother is giving you heartache?" Shadow smirked.

Firey summoned all his power and blasted Shadow with it.

"Stop trying." Shadow slammed Firey into the wall with a flick of her hand. Little Leafys danced in his vision. He tried to get up but was stopped with a groan of pain.

"Want to see me take over Leafy?" Shadow asked, grinning evilly as she kneeled down to Firey's line of sight.

"N-no." Firey said, but he knew it wouldn't matter. She'd do it anyway.

"Ha. Let me show you what's currently happening." Shadow said, and a holographic screen appeared in his vision. It was Leafy and Pin, tasting yoyleberries.

Leafy. Firey thought weakly.

"And..." Shadow threw a wave of red light toward's Leafy's stone.

...

Leafy felt odd. Then she felt angry. She didn't know where this anger was coming from, but she slammed her yoyleberries on the ground.

"Leafy? Are you okay?" Pin asked.

"I HATE YOU!" Leafy screamed, "THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, AND I HOPE YOU DIE!!!!"

"What is?" Pin asked, confused. her confusion made Leafy angrier.

"YOU KEEP MEDDLING WITH MY RELATIONSHIP WITH FIREY! NOW WE BROKE UP! IF ONLY YOU LET US JUST GET TOGETHER ON OUR OWN TERMS! YOU'RE SUCH A PAIN!"

Leafy slapped Pin across the face. Pin looked stunned.

"Maybe Firey was right." she said as she absentmindedly touched her cheek, "You are possessed."

Leafy lunged at Pin, and Pin ran for her life.

...

"See?" Shadow smirked, "I'm getting close."

"You'd never!" Firey screamed, and his lungs felt like they were being scratched with sharp stones.

Shadow grabbed him by the collar. "I'd like to see you try to stop me." She threw Firey towards the wall, and Firey knew that if he hit, then he'd die.

But someone caught him from behind.

Shadow's expression changed from surprise to glee.

"Ah, Four! Excellent!"

Firey was to tired to look behind him. Four set him down next to the wall and glared at Shadow.

"You think you escaped the curse. But you haven't." Shadow grinned. It changed its appearance to look like... a younger Four? This Four had horns, like a demon.

"I beat the curse." Four said calmly.

"But no, you haven't." Shadow sneered. It was weird watching two Fours face off.

Four summoned a beam of light and shot it at Shadow.

It stopped the beam easily.

"HA, YOU THOUGHT THAT WOULD STOP ME?" Shadow shouted with glee, "PATHETIC! EVEN WITH ALL YOUR POWER, YOU CAN'T BEAT ME!"

And they fought. Firey sat down against the wall, dazed, and Shadow and Four exchanged blows and shot all sorts of things at each other.

"Firey!" Four shouted. It took a few seconds for Firey to realize that Four was calling his name. "I can't beat Shadow, but you can! Concentrate!"

How? Firey wondered. Shadow seemed to be having the same doubts.

"Ha-ha, really?" It scoffed, throwing it's hand towards Four's face.

Four started to glow, and within seconds, he disappeared. Firey was all alone.

Shadow was gasping for breath, covered in cuts and scratched, but instantly, it healed.

"I knew that demon couldn't stop me!" it said proudly, "Now, back to taking over Leafy!"

NO! Firey thought. He tried to summon all his power, but nothing happened.

"Yes, that's it." Shadow murmured to itself. And, finally, Leafy's stone turned fully red, and Firey couldn't do anything to stop it.