Chapter Seventeen- Rumor

Golf Ball's trick on Flower worked perfectly. Flower screamed in fright. That part went well. Flower then ran screaming to the security and told them that Golf Ball put "vile creatures" in her bed. Golf Ball convinced her that she didn't do it, and Flower was pissed. But there was nothing to do about it except go sulkily back to their room and lock herself in the bathroom while Golf Ball had to remove the bugs for her. The nerve! Though, to be afir, Golf Ball was the one who put the bugs there in the first place. Eh, whatever. The plan still went quite well.

The next day went less well.

Golf Ball woke up, feeling calm and happy. She had gotten away with her revenge, and it worked perfectly! Well, almost perfectly. She got out of bed and braided her hair and took off her contacts, then went downstairs to meet Tennis Ball and Basketball.

"Good morning!" she said cheerfully, and they looked at her, worried.

"What?" Golf Ball asked.

Tennis Ball spoke up first. "There's this rumor about you, that you put some deadly insects inside someone's bed, and she got injured badly."

"She didn't get injured badly! She didn't even get injured at all!" Golf Ball said, "Well, maybe her ego was damaged."

"I know you would never actually hurt someone when you get revenge, but we need to put a stop to this rumor!" Basketball fumed angrily.

"Let's split up and tell them to stop." Tennis Ball said. Basketball, how about you go out to the gardens and I go with Golf Ball.

"Okay." Basketball replied. 

Two boys walked by, and when the saw her, they started muttering under their breaths.

"What's he doing with her?" one whispered.

"I know, right?" the other whispered back, "She's plain crazy! She hurt that girl yesterday and she didn't even care! And she did it for no reason!"

When they realized Golf Ball was staring at them, they turned bright red and ran away.

Golf Ball felt her face heat up. FLOWER!!!!!!! She got her revenge on Golf Ball perfectly, and Golf Ball hadn't even noticed, to excited in her own victory.

Two girls walked by her, and they were whispering:

"You heard about that Golf Ball?"

"Yeah, she's, like, so dumb, who would ever touch bugs? Gross!"

"Ugh, I'd kill myself if I were her, that would benefit all society to get rid of such a horrible person!"

Golf Ball felt tears well up in her eyes, and when they noticed her, the two girls walked over.

"Oh, you're Golf Ball, right?" asked the one with the yellow tank top, "Hah! You're just as ugly as you were described online last night!"

"Maybe even uglier!" scoffed the girl in the trench coat.

Golf Ball felt Tennis Ball tense up next to her. She squeezed Tennis Ball's hand, telling him not to talk. She wanted to try to deal with them first.

"H-hey!" Golf Ball said to the girls angrily, "That's a lie! I didn't hurt tha-"

The first girl stepped up and slapped Golf Ball in the mouth. The blow echoed across the room, and everyone fell silent. Golf Ball noticed the fire elementalist and the green girl who were kissing yesterday watching her along with a girl with red hair and silver tips.

"Shut the hell up, you dumb little girl." the girl in the tank top snarled.

Through her dazed vision, Golf Ball saw Tennis Ball speaking angrily to the two girls.

"Golf Ball really hurt the girl! She told me herself!"

"What if she's lying to you?" the trenchcoat girl sneered.

"She isn't-"

The trenchcoat girl grabbed something out of her pocket. A matchbox. She scratched her fingers along the side, and they set ablaze. She waved them under Tennis Ball's chin.

"Be quiet." she said.

It happened suddenly. The fire elementalist grabbed the girl's hands and sucked the fire out of them. He then threw her matchbox across the room.

At the same, the green girl lunged and knocked the girl in the tank top out in one strike on the head. Then, she proceeded to kick the trenchcoat girl in the stomach and she crumbled next to the other girl.

"Are you okay?" the girl asked Golf Ball, worried, "Does your cheek hurt?"

"Why are you helping me?" Golf Ball asked.

The girl smiled at her. "I know that was just a rumor. I bet it wasn't true. It was so brave how you managed to speak up to Match and Pencil, those girls are just a handful."

Golf Ball managed a weak nod. Basketball was right. This girl was nice, after all.