Chapter Thirty-Six- Capture the Flag- The Fourth Contest: Part Two

"Let the game begin!"

Firey sighed. His most of his teammates were horrible, he wished that he was on the other team.

"Okay, guys, here's the plan." Golf Ball said.

"Oh, shut up, Shortie." said Pencil, yawning. "We don't take about your mindless blabber. Why don't we just all stay here and do nothing?"

"Be quiet, inferior writing equipment!" Golf Ball snapped back, "As I was saying, we should send half of our people to their base to try to take their flag. Knowing that they have the dumb Snowball on their team, who loves offense, we could catch them off guard and outnumber them if they are heading towards our base."

Pencil rolled her eyes and made a mouth with her hand. "Blah, blah, blah. Whatever, loser."

"Hey, stop it!" Firey growled. He lit his hand ablaze threatenly. "What did she ever do to you? You're more annoying, loser."

Pencil gulped at the fire in his hand. "Fine, I'll stop. But you better watch your back, you savage demon!"

"I'm not worried." Firey hissed, clenching his hand into a fist to extinguish the flames.

"Thanks, Firey." Golf Ball said gratefully. "Now, let me continue."

Pencil rolled her eyes and went back to playing chopsticks with mAtch.

"I'll be offense." Firey volunteered.

"Okay, good." said Golf Ball, "Flower, Match, Pencil, and Bubble, you go with him. I'll stay here with the rest of these guys. Coiny, you'll be last defense, since you can turn your body to metal."

"Who said you could boss us around?" Match snapped.

"Well, at least I'm doing something productive! When you go into the maze, Firey will be in charge. Go!"

"Hey!" Match said, "I'm not going to listen to you-"

Firey lit his hand on fire.

Match shut up.

Soon, the team entered the maze. The walls loomed over them and Firey extinguished his flames. Unfortunately, he couldn't "turn off" his hair, so maybe the other team would see where they were sneaking up.

"Guys, we should split up." Fire said.

"We're girls!" Flower said.

"Fine." Firey said, "Just go! I'll meet you up at the enemy base through one of the other entrances." And with that, Firey ran off.

Soon, the walls turned from blue to red. Enemy territory. Firey tried to walk as quietly and quickly as he could.

Match, Pencil, Bubble, and Flower were probably going to be slow, but he couldn't let them reach the base before him. Hopefully, they wouldn't get captured by the other team.

After a few minutes, Firey saw an entrance to the base. His heart hammered in his chest. He tried to stay as close as he could near the door without letting people see his glow. He didn't hear any noises inside, so he had no idea how many people were inside. Where were the others? Were they too slow?

Might as well make a dash for it. Firey lunged into the base towards the flag. To his horror, everyone in the team were still there.

Snowball lunged and tried to slam Firey into the wall. Firey shot a beam of blue fire that he narrowly managed to dodge. He didn't want to hurt Snowball by setting himself on fire-

Snowball wrenched him off the wall so suddenly that he lost his balance, and as he was trying to steady himself, hands ripped his nametag right off his back.

Leafy shrugged apologetically, his name tag in her hand. Firey nodded and went off towards the prison.

...

Golf Ball sat down near the flag. Where were the other team? How come they didn't arrive yet? Golf Ball heard noise coming up from the tunnel and jumped up.

"Guys, get into position!" she hissed.

Coiny straightened, and Spongy struggled to get up. Woody screamed and Rocky barfed.

A few people burst through the entrance. Golf Ball was shocked to see it was Match, Pencil, Bubble, and Flower.

"What are you doing here?!" Golf Ball screamed, "Where's Firey?!"

"Well, he said that we would meet up with him at the enemy's base, and you are my enemy, so..." Pencil started.

"No! He meant THE OTHER TEAM!!!!!!!!!" Golf Ball shouted. She rubbed her temples. "Ugh, you guys are insane."

Pencil rolled her eyes. "Whatever, Bossy Bot."

"Do you have any info on what the other team is doing?" Golf Ball asked urgently.

"No?" Pencil said. "We were focused on playing Spongy Cake."

Golf Ball ran a hand down her face. "Ugh. Coiny and Flower, go check and see where Firey is. I'm surprised that that small-brained Snowball still didn't attack yet."

Coiny nodded and headed off. Flower was way less reluctant.

Twenty minutes later, no response. Golf Ball was now getting worried. Where were they?!

"Pencil, Match, and Spongy, go check on them." she ordered.

"Uh, like, no?" Pencil scoffed, "No way I'm going into the wilderness, never to be seen again."

"JUST GO!" Golf Ball shouted.

"FINE!" Match shouted. "Come on, Bubble, alliance members stick together."

And the four headed into the maze.

Golf Ball was really worried. How come no one came to their base yet?