(The Real) Chapter Fourteen- Confession

"I've known her since for as long as I can remember, she's a very dear friend." Firey said, confused when Leafy winced. He started to panic. What did he say wrong? How did she know about Blue Whirl? "Um, I haven't seen her in a long time and was happy to find out that she is also attending the academy. I was waiting for you when she saw me and came over. We just chatted for a while and that's it."

"Is she just a friend?" Leafy asked.

"Why-" Firey realized in a jolt that she probably had mistaken that Blue Whirl was in a relationship with him. "N-no, Leafy! That's not what you think it's like!"

"W-what I think she's like? What do you mean?" Leafy asked, blushing.

"Leafy," Firey took both of her hands and looked into her eyes, "I have to tell you something."

Flashback

Firey pulled out of his hug with Pin. He looked at her, embarrassed, and admitted, "Yeah, I -I think I'm in l-love with Leafy." 

"You should confess to her! Don't worry I'll help!" Pin said gleefully. "Though, you know, you could have told her earlier."

"Pin!" Firey complained as she laughed. "You know how hard it is for me to confess!"

Pin shrugged, "Just trust in yourself. I'm sure you can work up the courage to admit it to her."

Firey swatted and her and she ducked, still laughing. "What? I was being serious!"

"That's no help!" Firey said, but he was laughing, too.

"Okay, now." Pin said, "I'll get your girl to meet you up at the lobby in thirty minutes, max."

"She's not my girl!" Firey said.

"Not yet. Though she'll be soon."

End Flashback...

Then Firey had sat down and waited. Then Blue Whirl had came and he had started to talk to her about Leafy. Blue Whirl had supported him with the idea of confessing to Leafy. 

"Blue Whirl is my cousin. I would never date another girl other than you." Firey promised.

He saw the look in Leafy's eyes, a look of surprise.

What did I do wrong? he thought worriedly. Did I say something wrong?

To his surprise, Leafy blushed. 

"Date me?" she whispered.

Firey realized what he had said. He steeled his nerves and took her hand. He felt his face heat up as he whispered the words he had wanted to say to her since they were ten.

"I love you."

Leafy's eyes widened and she stared at him, open-mouthed. Then she flung her arms around him and seemed to realize that there were other people watching. She sat back, looking flustered. She rested her hand on top of his. "Me too."

Firey leaned forward and kissed her.

Author's note: Why is there so much mushy romance in this story?