❄️1

Cold.

The streets were cold. Snow falling harshly as identically buildings passed the frantic body.

The taste of sweat and blood did not distract the figure as they ran through alleyways. Eyes harshly flicking towards an opening.

Legs hurting as they finally pushed their body into the crowded opening.

Stop, take a deep breath, you can do this they thought as their eyes looked to the other side of the street, spotting a cafe.

Shoving their hands into their pockets to gather the slightest bit of warmth as they make their way towards the cafe door.

Pushing it open gently, they are immediately met with the warmth emitted from the fireplace and the smell of coffee and peppermint.

Taking a deep breath they walk towards the figure who had their back turned to them.

Sensing their presents the boy turns around and bows apologetically. "I'm sorry. How may I help you today."

Rolling their eyes, they  looked up to the menu that consisted mostly of Christmas specials and a variety of frappes.

"Coffee, the strongest you have" they said smacking the money onto the counter and walking towards a secluded booth away from any window.

Adjusting their hood they gaze around the store. Rolling their eyes at all the Christmas decorations that hung on the walls.

"Pretty isn't it. Christmas is only two weeks away, have you got everything ready?" The boy speaks, cutting them out of their thoughts.

"Huh?" They said as the boy places the coffee down with a smile.

"I said, do you have everything ready for Christmas?"

The figure lifts their finger and motions the boy to come closer. Making him sit in the seat in front of them.

"What's your name boy?"

"Park Jisung" he says extending his hand for them only to push it away.

"Well Park Jisung. Christmas is a scam. People are blinded by the pretty lights and presents that they don't know the reality of Christmas.

It makes people greedy, brings false happiness. Those presents you get, most of the time it's just something someone else didn't want, so they just wrap it up, add a bow and say they thought so long on the gift they got you.

Only for that present to one day be thrown out or regifted to someone else.

Families may not talk for the whole year and then they all sit around a table and act like everything is okay and that they love each other.

See, Park Jisung, nothing happy comes from Christmas" the body says taking a sip of their dark coffee.

"Waw, okay Mr Grinch" he said making the figure look up and look at him in confusion.

"May I ask. What's your name?"

The figure stops, staring at him, looking over his features before looking back down at their coffee.

Clearing their throat, they hesitantly say "Lee Areum."

"Well Lee Areum. You have a little something here" he says pointing to the corner of his lip. Areum doing the same, except her finger was left with blood on it making her mentally curse herself.

"I hope you have a Merry Christmas Areum" Jisung says sweetly as he gets up from his seat and walks away leaving Areum to watch him as he disappears behind the counter.