❄️ 19

Beep beep beep.

The obnoxious, intolerable sound of her alarm rang through her room making her groan as it awoke her from her slumber.

She tried to open her eyes but quickly squeezed them shut as the light that seeped through her curtains blinded her

The sound echoing around her room made Areum angry. Reaching over she turned off her alarm and groaned once more.

Flinging her legs over the side of her bed, arms reaching to the sky as she stretched. Inaudible noises escaping her mouth at the pleasure of her morning stretch.

Standing up, she makes her way down the stairs that lead out of her room.

It was 7am, the time everyone in the house had to be up at.

Walking down the stairs she made her way into the kitchen, the odour of ginger bread filling her senses as she bends down to look into the oven.

Standing back up annoyed "who is cooking ginger bread men in my oven?"

"That would be me" Jisung said happily as he dragged the 5 sleepy boys into the kitchen.

The majority of them rubbing their eyes and yawning from being woken up early.

"Why?" Areum asked folding her arms over her chest, raising an eyebrow.

"Because. I have a surprise and that was supposed to be finished before you all woke up but I got side tracked eating the batter. So I had to make more-" Jisung rambled on before being cut off.

"What do you mean by surprise?"

The 5 boys looked at Jisung as they too were curious.

"Please. Follow me." He said turning his back and walking out of the kitchen, the rest following suit.

When he got to the doors of the living room Areum and the boys were shocked to see Taeyong, standing beside the large wooden doors, elf costume on, giving off the fakest smile.

"I told you she wouldn't like this," he gritted through his teeth towards Jisung as he waved him off. "It'll be fine."

"Yo look, Taeyong is a elf." Chenle said making the boys erupt into a fit of laughter, all of them simultaneously pulling out their phones to grab a well needed picture of him to tease about later.

The whole situation made Areum more frustrated as she could hear the faint sound of Christmas carols playing behind the closed doors.

"What's behind the doors Jisung." She said threateningly.

"Well, you see-" was all he could say before she pushed past him, opening the doors to reveal the lounge room decorated from head-to-toe in red, green and white Christmas decorations.

Red tinsel hung from the fire mantle as fairy lights were hung from the roof.

The sight was overwhelming to Areum as her mouth hung open in shock. The boys all filed in pushing Areum further into the room.

The thing that captured all their attention the most was a small green plastic tree on the coffee table that had been decorated with tiny ornaments and a small shiny gold star.

But it wasn't exactly the tree itself. It was the presents under it that had each of their names on it. One for each person.

"Merry Christmas" Jisung said sheepishly as he rubbed the back of his neck, nervous as to what she would say.

The excited boys piled onto the couches, looking at the presents trying to find their own.

Their laughs and chatter died down real quick when Areum vociferated Jisungs name out loud.

Marching up to him with a glare in her eyes making him step back and gulp.

"What the fuck is all of this! I can't believe you have done this! I let you into my fucking house and you do this.

O-ho ho you are glad I had the tiniest bit of pity for you otherwise your ass would be out on the street, you worthless piece of shit." She pushes his chest with her finger, making him step back until his back hit the book shelf.

The words Areum was saying shocked Jisung, for who didn't like Christmas?

"You know I don't like Christmas you little shit. Don't you remember the first time we met. Oh how I hated that day." She rambled on angry.

Her outburst scared Jisung as her harsh words dug deep into him.

Tears springing into his eyes as she said cruel words to him.

"Areum maybe you should-" Jaemin said calmly placing a hand on her shoulder, only for her to shake it off.

"You can't be kidding me right now." She scoffed out.

"You are on his side. Look at this mess he made, it's repulsive."

"I-I'm sorry" Jisung chocked our as a tear slipped from his eye, rolling down his cheek.

"Areum, he didn't mean any harm. Why not just hear him out as to why he did this." Jeno said calmly walking to Jisung and Jaemins side.

But this only made her angrier. She groaned loudly in annoyance, grabbing the nearest decoration and ripping it.

Walking around the room and ripping off every bit of colourful tinsel- that radiated joy- and throwing it to the floor before stomping out of the room.

The boys were left in shock at what just happened.

Jisung dropping to his knees as his breathing became unsteady. His chest raising and falling at a rapid rate, body shaking.

His palms coated in sweat but his body felt cold, hot tears fell from his eyes.

His vision became blurry and his hearing was muffled. He could hear the sound of Chenle and Jaemin speaking but nothing made sense.

The throbbing of his heart blocked his hearing. A loud ringing sound made his head pound.

He was hyperventilating and couldn't calm down. Choking on the nauseas feeling growing in the back of his throat, but gasping to get as much air as he could.

"Shit guys he's having a panic attack!"