❄️ 18

(I cry in love)

"Argggggg I hate chores" Chenle whines loudly as he mops the floors while Jisung, cloth in hand, wiped down the kitchen counter till it was spotless.

"She's rich, why does she make you guys clean when she could hire a maid. Is it for protective reasons?"

"Nope" Chenle said, popping the P.

"She wants to teach us responsibility. Don't know why when she's younger than all of us. And also cause she can't think properly when the place is the tiniest bit dirty." Chenle explain making Jisung nod.

He had finished in the kitchen, so he  had moved to the games room where Jeno was dusting.

"Hey" He said upon entering.

"Oh hey. You can start from the left" Jeno said pointing to the large book case which he had already dusted.

Jisung starts wiping down the shelves, making sure not to leave anything behind.

"So, um. How'd you know Chenle?" Jeno asked breaking the silence.

"We had homeroom together last year. He was the first person to talk to me at that school. I'm not one of the most popular people you could say." He said explaining his situation.

"Right. If you come back to school you can always hang around us. Have you asked Areum if you can come back to school yet?" He asked Jisung.

"Oh, um. No not yet."

"You should probably get onto that" Jeno said as he turns around and walks out the door leaving Jisung alone - musing his words while he continued his assigned chores.

{}

Jisung had decided to wait a few days before asking Areum about going back to school, as that was the least of his worries at the moment.

Despite everything that's happened over the last two days, he had remembered while cleaning that tomorrow was Christmas- making him beyond excited.

Christmas was meant to be spent with family, and he could tell that there was that family type of connection within the mansion. Which sparked a side of him he didn't know he could feel with all that's happened recently.

It was quite late, being around 10pm, everyone in the house was either asleep or in their rooms, which was perfect.

Going into his now new, unfamiliar room, he looks around sighing.

It was definitely bigger than his previous room, but it wasn't the same, but maybe that was good.

He walked into his closet and grabbed the only hoodie he could find, one Chenle had given to him as he had no clothes.

Pulling the hoodie over his head he quietly makes his way down stairs, successfully slipping out of the house and onto the barely lit street.

He was lucky that stores were open late, so as he approached the nearest target (I don't know what they have in Korea, sorry) he was happy to see Christmas decorations peaking out through the windows.

Making all his needed purchases he made his journey back to the house.

As he walked the quiet streets, bags filled with decorations hanging around his wrists as his hand gathered warmth in his pocket, he felt strange.

The odd sensation of someone following him crept up his spine.

Abruptly stopping and looking around his surroundings, he felt confused and a little scared when he saw no one there.

Brushing it off he started walking again. The house only being around the corner, but that odd feeling didn't leave.

Picking up his pace he made his way through the gate and locking it behind him. Making sure to look around to see even the slightest bit of movement, which he failed to find.

Turning around he quickly made his way back to the house, slipping in without a sound.

Back against the door, he let out a deep breath.

Flinging himself off of the door and quickly making his way to the lounge room as 'Operation Christmas' had begun.