❄️8

The smell of coffee lingered in the air as muffled conversations were heard throughout the small cafe.

Jisung and Areum had occupied a booth in the corner away from any windows, per Areums request.

Areum wrapped her arms around herself to try and gather as much warmth as she could from her jacket, shaking a little as goosebumps crept up her body.

"You, um, look cold. Did you want my jacket?" Jisung asked worried for the girl who only just looked up at him and shook her head.

"No" was all she said.

An awkward silence washed over the two as Areum sipped her coffee, sweater paws hung around the warm mug and foam sticking to her top lip.

Jisung found this beyond cute, but he knew if he said anything her demeanour would change very quick-and he was a little scared of her to be honest- so he left it.

Areum looked up towards Jisung, eyes searching his face for a hint that he would turn against her, but all she saw was his innocent eyes looking down at his hot chocolate as he took a sip, mind lost in thought.

"Why do you want to be friends with me?" Areum spoke, breaking the silence.

Jisung looked up in shock, confused that she actually started the conversation first.

Taken aback but her sudden words, he finally came to his senses and cleared his throat.

"You look like you need a friend. I don't believe your dark, mean persona is who you really are. I feel like there is more to you."

The awkward silence returns as Areum stares at Jisung with an impassive face.

This confused Jisung as Areums gaze did not stray from his eyes.

Quickly looking down, she stands up suddenly.

"Uh, thanks for the coffee, but I uh need go," Areum stammered as she grabbed her things quickly and hastily made her way to the door.

Leaving Jisung alone in the booth, staring at her half filled cup of coffee and the seat that had just contained her presence.

This felt like a common occurrence in their slow growing friendship. Their interactions were always left with one of them being stunned and confused.

But that didn't stop Jisung.

Hand gabbing hold of his bag, he slips out of the booth and takes off after her.

Catching up to the running figure, he reaches out and grabs hold of her clothed wrist- the two of them coming to an abrupt stop.