❄️ 17

The 24th of December, 5am.

Renjun and Jisung had crashed on the couches after countless games of Mario cart and alien documentaries and discussions.

Their peace and quiet soon being interrupted as Chenle came barging into the games room, bottle of whipped cream in his hand- shaking it vigorously.

The sound of the can made the two tired boys wake up. Both met with the sight of Chenle, head back, can tipped upside down as whipped cream filled his mouth.

"Chenle," Renjun said.

Chenle hummed in recognition as he swallowed the cream.

"Yeah Jun?"

"What are you doing?" He said annoyed.

"Oh, did you want some?" Chenle said looking at the can and then back to Renjun, holding the can out as an offer.

Renjun didn't respond, instead a pillow was thrown violently at Chenles head- missing as he ducked before it made contact.

Looking behind him at the pillow now on the floor he whips his head back to his older.

"What was that for?" He said confused.

"What was that for." Renjun said mimicking Chenle, making Jisung laugh.

"You woke me up dipshit."

"Oh. Right sorry, I wanted to play switch before Areum makes us do house chores," he said shuddering at the sound of chores.

Renjun didn't say a word, just rolling his eyes and moving over to let the orange haired boy next to him.

Grabbing the controller and starting up the game again.

"Wanna play Ji?" Chenle asked holding out a controller.

Shaking his head "nah I'm fine, I might just go back to my room."

Chenle nods "Okay, night sleeping beauty."

With that, Jisung left the two boys alone to play their games.

Dragging his feet up the stairs, creaks echoed around the empty rooms made him anxious.

He felt like he was living in one of those haunted houses you would see on TV, minus the dust and webs.

"What are you doing?"

The sudden noise made Jisung flinch and grab hold of the railing. Breaths rapid as he puts a hand on his chest, turning around he made eye contact with Areum.

She was leaning against the railing with arms crossed.

"You scared me."

"That happens a lot," she said pushing her self off of the railing and making her way up to Jisung.

He was significantly taller than her, being 5"5, but he always felt intimidated by her.

She didn't say anything, just watched him as his eyes flickered over her face.

"Like what you see?" Areum smirked.

Her words made Jisung nervous.

"I'm just... curious."

Areum tilted her head, "why?"

"If you are younger than me. How did you end up as a gang leader?"

Areum looks down sighing. "What have I told you kid, don't go getting into my life okay. Nothing good happens from it."

"I know."

"Good. Now, considering you live in this house now you have to help with chores. You start at 7 in the kitchen." She said moving past Jisung hitting his shoulder and walking up the stairs.

"Wait. Can you at least tell me how long you've been in a gang for?" Jisung said in a sudden outburst. Regretting his words as soon as they left his mouth.

Areum had stopped again in her tracks, facing the boy. "How old am I"

"17?" He said confused.

She didn't have to say anything, her silence and slight wash of sadness in her eyes said it all.

Turning around and walking up the remaining stairs she made sure to yell out "7, kitchen, don't be late."