Chapter 3: Breakfast

Sophie turned her back to Fitz and soon fell asleep to the rhythmic up-and-down of his breathing.

~~~

Fitz opened his eyes to see the morning rays of sun as he blinked away the sleep from his eyes. He looked down to see Sophie laying peacefully. He stared at how her beautiful golden locks splayed out on her pillow. He could get used to waking up with her he thought. He put his arms behind his head staring at the ceiling and then back at Sophie. he grinned. What would Biana think if she saw him right now he thought. Seconds later Sophie opened her eyes to Fitz's staring into hers.

"Morning," he said, their faces inches apart.
"Are you feeling Any better?" He questioned, sitting up. His clothes were crumpled but Sophie could still see his muscular physique through the stretch of the fabric.

He ran a hand through his hair absentmindedly as she stretched and relpied,
"Yeah, I'm feeling better."  He swung his feet over the side of the mattress and stood up. He started walking towards the door and then stopped and turned back to her blushing.

"Can I... Take a shower?"

"Yes, of course" she said. Sophie had hardly thought about the fact that they had to get to Foxfire in about an hour. "Its down the hall to the left and there should be towels in there."

"Thanks," he said and walked out leaving her door cracked. As he left, Sophie hopped out of bed with a wide smile blooming on her face. She had somehow just spend the night alone with the infamous Fitz Vacker.

~~~

Sophie decided to go make a breakfast. She poured two bowls of the orange mush that tasted like cereal. She went to put the bowls at the table as Fitz's walked into the kitchen wearing nothing but a towel.

"Oh...." he said awkwardly, "Did you see my bag down here?"

Sophie pried her eyes away from his bare chest. "Umm, yeah it's around the corner" she answered.

"Ive got my uniform in there," he said as if to give an explanation.  She just smiled and continued serving the food. Then she remembered she left some homework upstairs. She hurried off to retrieve it.

While all of this was happening, an excited Dex left his house and leaped into Havenfield. He walked into the kitchen. Seeing the two bowls, and smiled. Where was sophie? He thought. Maybe in the living room. He heard footsteps in the hall so he peeked his head around the corner and instantly froze. Instead of the cheery blonde he had expected, he gazed upon a wet Fitz combing his hair in the mirror and straightening his tunic. He stood there stupidly as he noticed the wet towel slung over Fitz's shoulder. Had he.... taken a shower here? He thought.

~~~

Meanwhile Sophie was upstairs putting her papers back into her binder. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the book Fitz had been reading the night before tucked under the corner of the blanket.

~~~

Dex was brought out of his stupor as he heard Sophie's familiar voice calling down from her room.

"Fitz! You left your book in bed!" She shouted. As the words slipped her mouth she giggled imagining anyone at Foxfire hearing that statement. She walked downstairs smiling in her pajamas. As soon as she saw Dex, her face immediately went stark. She had completely forgotten she'd invited him for breakfast.

"Sophie?," he questioned, "I didn't recall you inviting Fitz to....breakfast."As Dex started speaking Fitz who hadn't even noticed Dex staring at him fixing his hair, conveniently turned the corner midsentence.