Chapter 27: I'll make him pay

WE HIT 50k!!!!!
I am so amazed at where this story has gone. I knew that this story was different from a lot of Kotlc fanfics but I never imagined it would do so well! thank you for all of the people reading, voting and commenting. We couldn't be here without you.

~~~

"Sophie I'm sorry but this is a medical emergency and we are taking you to his office."
He picked her up.

"SANDOR!" She yelled. "You have to promise not to tell my parents."

He took a deep breath. "Ok" he said.

She quieted as he picked up her things and lept her to the medical wing at foxfire.

~~~

They arrived and Sophie walked into Elwins office.

"Hey Sophie, what's up!" He said smiling.

"I..umm"

Sandor walked in behind her. "She needs medical attention, she was...attacked."

"Come have a seat," Elwin said walking her over to a medical examination table. He quickly noticed her foot. "Let's take a look," he said as he unwrapped the bandage. It was swollen and deep purple bent at a strange angle."That doesn't look too good, can you hand me my clipboard," he asked Sophie.

"Yeah" she reaching over and handing it to him.

"Sophie!" He said grabbing her arm. He rolling up the sleeve on the hand she was holding the gauze with to reveal the deep purple bruises. "What happened!?"

"I...don't want to talk about it" she said looking down.

"I think she needs a full body exam, as you can see there's more than the foot," Sandor added.

Elwin quickly set to work with his goggles. He discovered the bruising around her neck and continued down giving her a full exam.

"Here take these," he said handing her a tray of various pills after he was done looking her over. "They are for the pain," he got up and wrote some things down on a notepad while going through a cabinet of viles.

"So," he said looking at his clipboards a few minutes later. "You've got a broken ankle and two broken ribs not to mention the bruising..." he set down his clipboard. "Sophie this is serious, you were very clearly assaulted. Can you tell me who did this to you? " he asked in a soft tone.

Her lip quivered. "I'm scared to say"

He nodded. "Ok I'll hold off on the questions for now...I'm gonna need you to take some sedatives so I can reset your ankle"

"Ok," she said. She didn't have the strength to fight.

He gave her a sedative and the ceiling slowly grew fuzzy as she closed her eyes.

~~~

She fluttered her eyes open to see Elwin.

"What time is it?" She asked.

"Two o'clock," Elwin said handing her a glass of water. She took it.

She looked down to see that she was wearing a cast.

"Are you feeling ok?" He asked.

She nodded.

"Do you think you can handle a visitor?," he asked. "Fitz has been waiting outside for a few hours."

"Yeah, I think so,"

"He didn't do this did he?"

"No, Of course not!"

"Ok, just checking," he said with a smile , "I'll send him in"

Elwin left the room and a few minutes later Fitz came in.

"Hey what happened?" Fitz said sitting down next to her on the cot. "Elwin wouldn't tell me what was wrong....I noticed u didn't come last night, are you ok?" He eyes strayed to her lap and he saw the hand shaped bruises on her wrists. He grabbed her arm
"Who did this?" He said angrily.

She leaned her head onto his shoulder and started crying.

"Hey, hey" He said scooping her up into his lap. "What's wrong?"

"I came to Everglen...but..I ran into Alvar...he" she started sobbing.

"Whoa calm down, take a deep breath. What did Alvar do?" He said pulling the hair out of her face.

"He..attacked me. he-he grabbed me and kissed me and I said to stop b-but he wouldn't and he tried to...."

It took him a moment to process what she was saying.

"Did he...." He asked. She shook her head. Fitz leaned down and kissed the top of her head with a small amount of relief. "I am so sorry Sophie..." he said cradling her.

"I'll make him pay," he said under his breath.

~~~

Shorter chapter but things are about to get juicy!!

Sorry this update was kinda late. I try to update at least every two weeks but when I get around to it I post one to three chapters at a time for all of you that were wondering about an update schedule. Now that summer is around the corner I think I'll be able to post more regularly about once a week.