Chapter 24: Grady connecting dots

"I know you want to," he said jokingly as he grabbed her under the blankets.

"Fitz!," she yelled laughing

~~~

Grady and Edaline finished up their dinner and lept home around 11:00.

"I had a lovely time," Edaline said smiling on the doorstep.

Grady gave her a quick kiss and they walked in. Edaline set down her purse and keys on the counter.

~~~

Fitz and Sophie were in her room talking.

"No but like you could only have one for the rest of ur life." Sophie said.

"Easy, all you can eat buffet."

"That's not-"

"I found the loophole!" He said as he threw a pillow at her.

He got up.

"Where are you going?" Sophie asked.

"Bathroom. I'll be quick."

He got up sprinting into her bathroom.

"Nice ass!," she yelled after him.

He peeked his head back around the corner.

"Right back at ya...," he said raising his eyebrows.

"Go to the bathroom Fitz!"  She said laughed.

She picked up her t shirt off the floor and put it on. She was a little cold. She slid back under the covers.

~~~

Grady walked upstairs to go say goodnight to Sophie. He opened her door.

Sophie whipped her head around.

"Dad!," she said surprised, "You didn't have to come say goodnight!," she said loudly hoping with her whole might that Fitz would hear her and not walk naked out of her bathroom.

~~~

Fitz's heard her door open. Shit it's probably her parents he thought. He looked around. This is gonna look really bad if they come in here and I'm literally naked he thought. He opened her cabinet. Bingo. She had kept the shirt he left a few nights ago. He dug around her linen closet and found a pair of sweatpants that fit decently.

~~~

"I didn't have too, I wanted to" Grady said walking up to her bed. He sat down. He was about to hug her when he noticed a pile of clothes on her floor.

"I can take those down to the laundry for you when I go down," he said.

"NO!," she coughed. "I'll get it tomorrow."

He noticed something odd about some of the clothes. He got up walking towards them.
Sophie reached for his arm but it was too late.